Insightful Website

http://www.geocities.com/voicefromthaigirl/index.html

Just found this on Stickman's site, and though it to be facinating (some funny stuff here). Good to get an honest T/G's slant on things. I hope she continues and I, for one, will email her with encouragement to keep her "work in progress" alive. I'm hoping also, that she may be willing to address specific topics. I'd invite her to join to board, but some things posted here might be a little over-the-top (offensive) for a regular Thai lady (I don't see to many females in this neck of the woods). cool.gif" border="0

Sorry Stick,

A thought just occurred that I should have asked you first before posting link. Please let me know if "un-cool". I'm not familiar with etiquette in this area. If bad form, I'll just delete it.

Hello High Thied,

I don't think The Stickman would be offended. You properly credited his website as the source. I think what gets most website owners upset is when material is copied from their websites and pasted into another site (so easy to do on the Internet) without crediting the source.

JG

Aloha joegumby...thanks for the info. If I don't hear from Stick, I'll assume I've not created a mortal sin. I know there is to be no advertizing of web sites here, but Stickman's site is a veritable institution, so figured it would be acceptable (I doubt there is any poster here who dosen't wait eagerly for his "weekly" report).

It's a shame about this website because she introduces it with the words

"This is a lives diary written by a Thai girl who would like to tell the world about what she thinks and how she feels with all happened to her, her country or her friends"

and then it loses heart!

Sure she has some interesting observations about fatcat expats working in her company but like I would expect from the Thais - she doesn't actually state any 'cutting edge' opinions.

If she wants the chance to 'rip the piss' out of the farang (and I for one would welcome that) she shouldn't shirk from the task. I'd like to see a thaimouth.com LOL

I agree with you Phil , though this little site made a change from the usual sites , it will need to do something to keep it all interesting . I too will e mail her & offer some suggestions . Things like interviews with other people would be good .

Anyone who has not seen it allready & is interested in the outlook the thais have on things , visit this site below, written by a thai male student it is VERY comprehensive , & I find the problems he has been having with drugs very interseting.

www.thailandlife.com

I think this site has allready been noted on some of the expat sites , but if you have'nt seen it give it a go. smile.gif" border="0

Archived