TRAINS IN BANGKOK

Hi, I am pretty new to this forum and will be in bkk for the first time in nov. I wanted to take a train from bkk to suart tani and then a ferry to samui. My questions is, on that route is it possibe to get a 1st class ac sleeping private cabin on that route? What is usually the cost? Basically any advice or suggestions would greatly be apprecaited.

Thanks for all your help ::

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://www.seat61.com/Thailand.htm#Southern%20Thailand

http://www.savehotels.com/train-thailand/suratthani.html

http://www.bangkokair.com/spfare/index.php?id=USM

a couple of Rail links,but i have lost the best one.

but why noy fly?,only around an Hour instead of an overnight journey journey by train and then a ferry.

if you want to experience travelling by Thai transport then i applaud you but i also applaud you if you want to get to Samui in a hurry and meet the Girls..........

Samui Airport is less than 10 Minutes from all the action and for the extra cost i would fly.

hope you have a great trip and BE SURE to tell us all about it.......

Yea, the plane would be much faster. Thing is I am going with my gf and we have never been on an overnight train before. And if the 1st class ac berth is a small private room with a locking door it would be fun to have some alone time with my girl on a train for the novelty of it. :chili: ::

But thats the thing. I havn't really found out if the you can get a little cabin with locking door from bkk to suart tani. If I can't, I think you are right. Plane would be a lot less painless. :beer:

Sounds like its going to be a blast. But I have never been on an over night train before. Is the first class a small private cabin for me and my girl? You know with a locking door like ya see in the movies? ::

Or is it just an airconditioned cubby hole with a small bed where we sleep? Can we lock the door? Is there a dining car? or should we bring our own food?

Pretty excited about it. Only been on a couple trains but never an overnight. Should be a blast!

BLAMEITONTHEDOG said:

Sounds like its going to be a blast. But I have never been on an over night train before. Is the first class a small private cabin for me and my girl? You know with a locking door like ya see in the movies? ::

Or is it just an airconditioned cubby hole with a small bed where we sleep? Can we lock the door? Is there a dining car? or should we bring our own food?

Pretty excited about it. Only been on a couple trains but never an overnight. Should be a blast!

please ckeck my private message

Thanks for the pm. I will really sounds like a blast! Anyone else out there have any expereince with the 1st class cabin? How was the size of it how was the trip? Were taking the train from bkk to surat 1st class. Any good stories, advice, suggestions? :) Love to hear em

:beer:

Archived