TRAINS IN BANGKOK

the Train is an adventure.

took the overnight sleeper to Nong Khai one Year and very enjoyable.

did get bollocked in the morning though by the Attendant because i shared the bunk with my Girl.

not the done thing apparently..........

personally i would like to travel to different parts of Thailand by Train just to look at the scenary.

i also took the 12 Hour bus ride from Nong Khai to Bangkok and i loved it except for 2 things.

i had really bad chest pain the whole trip and was in a lot of pain.

and not enough seats and my Girl had to sit on my lap for 8 Hours,not very comfortable for either of us.

but we were better off then the folks who had to stand the whole journey.

my thoughts about flying were about if you had time constrictions.

i was in Thailand for a Month and just lazing around so spending a Week going upcountry by slow means was not a problem.

after all i had another 3 Weeks to put my toe into the pool known as P4P.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry to hear about the chest pain. but other than that the train sounds like a blast. were actually kind of on a shot trip. only about 2 weeks and a day. But we thought the train would be fun because we have never been on an overnight train. Maybe see some of the scenery before it gets dark. So there was enough room in that little cabin for you two guys to share a bunk? Thats really cool. i'm 6 foot 3 and I figured that little cabin would be really really cramped. Either way sounds like an adventure.

Hows the food on the train? And do's and don't anything I should avoid?

:beer:

:: what a riot! You think its still comfly for a 6 foot 3 guy to sleep in one of them cots? Not that I plan on sleeping mind you. Just curious :)

Kamasutra for trains, I think I will go to the library to find that book ;) Its going to be a blast. I just can't wait ::

I have taken overnight trains in LOS quite a few times and it does have its pleasures. A few observations: the food is awful that is served on the train. Best to eat before or bring something with you. The trip to Surat and then bus/boat to Samui/Phangan takes a looong time. Better to fly if your time is important. The scenery is pleasant but nothing spectacular.

Guest lazyphil

Train journeys a great in LOS. I enjoyed bkk-CM so much I did it twice on the sleeper, Nong Khai also. And BKK to Singapore was in stages over a few days and well worth it, I felt like Michael Palin :: the scenery from bkk to aranya pratet was a bit dull though and that train was very uncomfortable, rock hard seats :(

BLAMEITONTHEDOG said:

... i'm 6 foot 3 ...

I don't want to rain on your parade, but at 6'3", the 1st class bunk will be tough for you. I'm six feet and it was uncomfortable for me. However, if anyone is big or tall, just about any form of transport in LOS (except maybe the Skytrain in BKK) will be a vertical tight squeeze.

lazyphil yea its going to be a blast. Like i said this is our( my gf and I) first time on an over night train. and like you said lol the only thing I have seen of over night trains are on the movies lol As far as the scenery goes I am sure its going to be amazing. I live in the desert now lol If its not a F :censored:ing catus then I will be blown away lol

URA6ULDV8

Naw brother you not raining on parade. I know its going to be tight. I'm a big boy. But the jouney is going to be part of the adventer. Plus with the cabin and evne with the tiny bunks I can still streach my legs. which would beat a bus hands down. :) Plus I can stand up and shag my girl while she's bent over the bunk. ....oops there I go sharing to much again lol

:yikes:

Guest lazyphil

Yes you'll enjoy it and dont worry, I'm 6 feet 2 and 93kgs and had no problems getting a good nights kip, you might have to curl up a bit though and keep valubules safe, i hear some stuff gets nicked :(

Cool thats good to hear. 92kgs what is that in pounds? (--- sorry dumb american lol

do I really have to worry about theft in a locked cabin? How do they get to it? any advice?

Archived