Thailand Pattay Etc VS Balibago Philippines

Alfmaz

A friend of mine was going to Thailand nearly every year some times twice a year and now he is going to Balibago Philippines and said it is much better than Thailand.

Is it worth a trip, is there much to do, can you get on a Motor bike and ride around like Pattaya with no license, is it easy to get around like Thailand, just like to get other opinions who have been to both.

I have been to both locations many times.

Both of them have there ups and downs but I will say that over the years I have come to enjoy Thailand much more.

They are both easy to get around wether by public transportation or by renting your own car or motorbike.

I find Balibago a bit cheaper when it comes to cell phone use, Tour Guides/Bar Fines and internet. The girls speak fairly good English making relationships slightly less confusing and there are more similarities in cultures.

The girls of balibago seem to be a bit more aggressive and outgoing when advertising their "wares". On the other hand if I have maintained a long distance friendship in the hopes of enjoying their company on repeat visits, they seem to forget they are there for fun and will usually ask for monetary help for any number of B.S. reasons. Only one Thai gal has ever done this and I was able to confirm that this one case was legitimate and she more than made up for something I had no intention of expecting a return on.

The girls in Pattaya are not quite as aggressive and are more inclined to get the nasty done and get out of the hotel as quickly as possible. On the average they tend to be more business like. With a little work you can find a good one though.

Balibago does not seem to go far out of its way to protect the average tourist as they have not set up any kind of walking area like in Pattaya. Balibago only recently has set up a tourist police presence and they seem more interested in other things than actually helping tourists.

Balibago has issues with ATM machines, either they are few in number, out of order, out of cash or you have to worry about the various personalities that tend to hang around the machines like Thieves, PIN snatchers, beggars and aggressive salesmen. I have had none of the above issues in Thailand with ATM's. All transactions have been stress free.

I have had much more fun in Pattaya as there are a great number of tourist attractions to go to besides just bars, malls and the fontana water park. In Pattaya I can step outside of my hotel and be on the beach within a minute or two. There really is not that much to do within 30 minutes drive of Angeles/balibago.

In the Philippines, I have been robbed, attempted robbed, or had property stolen by people working for me way too many times. I end up spending more time worrying about my property or how I am about to get ripped off than having fun.

I have never been robbed in Thailand. When I have misplaced an item like a wallet or cell phone it is returned with a smile in every case and not once have they expected a reward or a tip for doing the right thing although I reward them modestly for their integrity.

I can go to Thailand have fun and not worry about getting screwed over to the extent that I might in the PI. I don't seem to have to haggle with salespeople like I do in balibago.

The above statements are just my honest opinions but there are more pros and cons too numerous to be discussed or remembered and I would recommend that you simply try both locations in the same trip and make up your own mind.

After all these years in the orient and too many trips to count, I had to turn my back on the Philippines and go with Thailand in the end.

asiafun said:

Not that I would disagree but would you mind going into more detail on that NOK?

Check your history books ladies and gentlemen. I think it was General McCauthar(sp) who said it, or his second in command:

"The Philippine mind is very child like"

When you go to the Philippines, you will find everything serious is a JOKE such as paying a barfine etc.. There is nothing underage related to the remark, just the facts.

If you enjoy or think you would enjoy being at a high school party where everyone is getting drunk for the first time have at it.

If you need or want or think you would enjoy the commerity(sp) of other males, male "bonding" if you wish, have at it, can be found there.

The maturity level(mind, not body or actual age) of the girls(as of 2 years ago, my last visit after some five years of visiting) is that of a teenager.

If you think you could watch the SAME MOVIE three times in one night, give it a go.

Those are just a few, but hope it helps you get a feel for what is in store for the tourist. I'll not even mention the safety issues, which in fact exist. There is NO REASON to ever interact with a Philippine male. Oh yeah, just remembered, on the news yesterday it was anounced that 50percent of the Philippine people live on LESS THAN $2.usd a day. So, needless to say it is a very poor country as well. And, finally, since I am pecking and angry at a Thai male who butted in front of me in line at Big C, I will mention that you PAY A PIMP aka another farang a prepaid "barfine" with which you have no idea where the money goes or what it is for! You can(another example of child like) pretend you are NOT PAYING FOR SEX....

cheers.

Nok the Kook

The maturity level(mind, not body or actual age) of the girls(as of 2 years ago, my last visit after some five years of visiting) is that of a teenager.

Nok,

I would make the same statement about Thai girls as well. Met loads of 18-22 yr olds that giggle about everything and still wear Hello Kitty t-shirts and want to watch cartoons instead of the news.

Ranger

Alfmaz said:

Only two people have been to the Philippines I do not belive this :banghead: :banghead: :banghead::censored: :censored: :censored:

Alf,

If your only interest is drinking and barhopping/screwing then Angeles is great. I don't think I could handle it for much more than a week, and I love the aforementioned activities. There is fuck-all to do other than that, so Thailand wins.

Ranger

Archived