Thai's and over/self-medication

Ranger

It seems the easy availibility of just about any medications over the counter here in Thailand is both a blessing and a curse. The gal I am hanging with and I both have a cold/sore throat. She goes to the pharmacy and brings back 2 different anti-biotics that the pharmacist said we should take twice a day for a week. I took great pains in explaining to her that we didn't need anti-biotics for a common cold and gave her some Actifed and throat losenges instead. I'll bet she takes the damn pills anyway :banghead:.

Ranger

I'll bet she takes the damn pills anyway

Of course, she did take the pills behind my back and of course, she got better. Amazingly, I also got better without taking the antibiotics. I tried explaining it to her at least a dozen times, but I'm sure the next time she gets a cold, she'll take them again :banghead:.

Ranger

"Of course, she did take the pills behind my back and of course, she got better. Amazingly, I also got better without taking the antibiotics. I tried explaining it to her at least a dozen times, but I'm sure the next time she gets a cold, she'll take them again .

"

thai girls have to be right no matter what ( as we are farang, and not know about thailand ( or thai metabolizim I would guess)) :(

Dekka said:

Yeah I have never figured out why YA (Paracetomol usually) makes Thai girls so sleepy and not the rest of the world.

Must be a Genes thing :)

well, if she is in pain, the Paracetamol reduces it and makes it easy to sleep ( especially if diffiult to get a good sleep while in pain)

Archived