Starbucks hates Asians

quote:

Originally posted by grimmbro:

This sounds a little bit like the beginning of an urban legend..Any secondary facts?? While starbucks is over priced, I would hate to have to give up a source of good beans..

I guess it is back to watching the chem lab students make my coffee in beakers at Siam Centre.
smile.gif" border="0

I respectfully differ with you about "good beans". I see them as "BURNT beans". frown.gif" border="0 Agree on overpriced..... wink.gif" border="0

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

quote:

Originally posted by PhordPhan:

Of course, I was also surprised to learn that 80-odd percent of college graduates in the US believe that the government is withholding information about UFOs.

PhordPhan

BS Detector, bon vivant and

all around nice guy

Isn't it? wink.gif" border="0

[ May 24, 2001: Message edited by: tik28 ]

Boo,

Now you're making me work too hard. laugh.gif" border="0

I had to go grab my English-Thai dictionary.

I gave up on tyring to learn to read Thai when I got to the salas. All the consonants wore me out. Now after 6 years I've even forgotten most of those. I remember maybe the odd gah-gai or kah-kwai. Everything I write I have to do phonetically, which is hard because I use my own method. And don't ask me where the accent is. I can pronounce many of the tones, but can't tell you the symbol or sometimes identify which one it is.

Its all very scientific actually. laugh.gif" border="0

Oh, just found it. Yeah, thats the one. I guess the little thingy under lah-ling must be sala-oo. Gee, ya learn something new everyday. If only I didn't have a job I might try to learn to read Thai again.

I sent the text of the original message and the URL to Starbuck's corporate HQ and got the following reply:

"Thank you for your email. We at Starbucks are very

concerned about the Internet posting you have described to us. We are

investigating the posting. Unfortunately, we have determined that the

telephone number and address of the person listed on the posting are

incorrect.

As a company with stores in over 20 countries worldwide,

with customers and partners (our term for employees) from around the

world,

Starbucks has an uncompromising commitment to respecting and embracing

cultural diversity. We do not tolerate any disrespect of the cultures

and

traditions of our customers or partners.

Thank you for bringing this matter to our attention. We are

gratified that you felt deeply enough about this issue to contact us.

Sincerely,

Pedro Man

president

Starbucks Coffee Asia Pacific Limited"

I'm as cynical about corporations as anyone but that story simply did not make sense to me. Note that according to Mr. Man the address and phone number do not exist. Perhaps someone here might have checked that before posting something which is in the least defamatory.

Nothing makes me more sick than seeing McDonalds going up allover the World freakin poisoning all sorts of beautiful places.but I dont mind the coffee in Starbucks but would like to see what happens as a result of this accusation.

Archived