Talking dict or Pocket PC?

Palatkik

I looked at a couple of CyberDict models a couple of weeks ago when I was in Bangkok. They seem to be very good for people trying to learn English - but certainly not the other way around when it comes to pronounciation.

Even I could tell that the Thai voice was a robot reading - totally without intonations.

Had no time to look at the PocketPC stuff yet unfortunately. But this is an area of rapid evolution, whatever you purchase it will be rendered obsolute by the next generation model in half a year max. My recommendation is don't wait forever - just do it if she likes a particular model.

>My recommendation is don't wait forever - just do it if she likes a particular model.

Yes, agree and good advice.

Actually I bought a Cyberdict 9 just after my first post. A combination of poor service at the Pocket PC counter and her wanting a Cyberdict based on friends talk. As far as teaching English to Thais, it's seems like the way to go, though will be obsolete in years to come. For PC stuff she will need to use another device, but as for dictionary stuff the Cyberdict 9 seems very extensive and good value for money.

Archived