ID checks and ages

asiafun

What is the age of "consent in Thailand? I hear conflicting answers every day.

...and suppose you were in a club dancing/drinking with a girl, she gets ID checked and is found to have a fake and she is "underage" What could or has happened to unwitting falangs?

I stick with girls who are usually obviously in the mid to late 20's but I have a few friends who prefer the fresher meat that may not understand the risks they take.

Normal age of consent is 15 (but I think there are special rules for hilltribes and muslims)

As Samak said for prostitution 18.

A faked or borrowed ID is your responsibility - so if the girl is under 18 you can prepare for stay in Bangkok Hilton at least 2 years, if she's under 15 at least 10 years.

One of the rules I pass on to the new guys is don't do something that you can't afford to pay the fine for.

On that note I imagine if the local law enforcement official wanted to cut the guy a break then he would have to pay a decent on the spot fine. How much could someone expect to get nailed for?

I did find the ID card thread of use and emailed that to some of my friends and coworkers. That should help out immensly.

Normal age of consent is 15

As Samak said for prostitution 18.

Even though Prostitution is illegal!

Age of consent :15

Working in a bar (where they serve drinks, and it's ok to drink if you work there): 18

Entering a bar/disco: 20

Only in Thailand.

I imagine technically you could legally shag a 15 year old so long as you could prove she wan't a bargirl (too young), or didn't meet her at a club/disco/bar. I wouldn't want to explain that to a judge though, and would feel uncomfortable with anything under 20.

Archived