Don Muang to Pattaya Friday afternoon

Soi11

I arrive on Friday at 4:00p, and am thinking about taking a taxi straight from the airport to Pattaya, but have been warned about the massive traffic jams leaving BKK on Friday afternoons.

Should I spend the night in BKK, and leave Sat. morning?

Thanks for your advice.

but surely the time would not be that great?.

if arriving at around 4pm then allowing for the Airport stuff and Traffic then you could be in Pattaya by 9-10pm?.

surely early enough to get to the Hotel,freshen up and have a Beer?.

apologies if i am wrong in thinking it takes 10 Hours to get to the place on a Friday............

What if you arrive in BKK at around 1am? Better to stay the night and leave the next day, or go ahead and head down to Pattaya? My guess is staying the one night would be better, but, generally, I'd prefer to just to go and get it over with. Heading to LOS in December, but haven't decided whether to start out in Pattaya or BKK.

monkey39

Hi,

probably not 10 hours, I think the bus from Ekkamai to Pattaya takes 4 hours instead of 3, but add to that Don Muang to Sukhumvit, at least 6 hours I guess.

Pattaya friday (and saturday) afternoon/evening is a big traffic jam starting on Sukhumvit Rd, also North/South Pattaya Rds and Beach Rd.

I recommend one night in BKK instead and an early morning taxi to Pattaya.

BTW, I don't think any taxi driver will accept driving to Pattaya a friday afternoon, so a limo ordered from hotel or at airport is a better alternative.

elef

Thanks for your replies,

I did a search on the site, and someone complained of a 5.5 hr. ordeal on a minibus from Suk to Pattaya on a Fri afternoon.

I think I'm going to spend one night in BKK as Elef recommended - I don't want to deal with 16 hrs. traveling, only to face another 3 - 5 hrs. sitting in traffic.

Monkey39 - if I were you, I'd bite the bullet and head down at 1:00a - why waste time checking into a hotel in BKK, only to check out the next morning + some of the bars in Pattaya will still be open when you arrive.

The longest ride on the bus from Ekkamai to Pattaya has been 3 hours. I know not of any such bus that would take 5 hours unless you got the local. Those fucking fare collectors will egg you onto that local and then you find out about 13 stops in what happened to you. ONLY GO TO THE WINDOW FOR THE BUS AND SAY EXPRESS BUS. Please don't make the mistake I did.

Oneye

so arriving in BKK at a reasonable time (late Afternoon) then it is recommended that not going to Pattaya is good because you you will miss all the Girls because you will arrive too late?.

'at least 6 hours I guess'

so you could be in Pattaya by Midnight?,doesn't sound like a problem to me.

'Pattaya friday (and saturday) afternoon/evening is a big traffic jam starting on Sukhumvit Rd, also North/South Pattaya Rds and Beach Rd.

I recommend one night in BKK instead and an early morning taxi to Pattaya'

back to square one IMO.

if i spent a Night in BKK because i MIGHT arrive in Pattaya around Midnight is no good for me.

on the Saturday would bring the same problems for me as by the time i had a good sleep and some fun i would be travelling at the same time i would have been the previous Day.

'I don't think any taxi driver will accept driving to Pattaya a friday afternoon'

so if i offered 2000 or more for the drive would i be turned down by all Taxi's?.

i pay over the odds everywhere (yes i know i am stupid) but 2000 is not a lot for me when on Holiday.

if i was desparate to get to a certain place then the Money would be paid.

but i never go to Pattaya and have no wish to and know i can arrive in BKK and then travel to HKT and be there within 4 Hours....

not having a go at you just curious at the answers.........

Hi!

Just a few points. Only a braindead taxi driver would take the Sukhumvit route from the airport to Pattaya. If one chooses to go by then Moorchit is the only sensible choice. The busses from there may not run as late as from Ekkamai but the will definitely run in the afternoon.

edit: I might also add that my worst trip ever was about 4 hours and this included a flat tire on the bus. 6 hours is highly unlikely and would most likely have to include a major accident on the highway.

regards

ALHOLK

Archived