how do i say "I miss you"

Beware: never say this!

She will miss you too! And her mother, father, brother, sister, nephew, niece, buffalo, motosai and retirement plans will miss you even more!

• 2 weeks later...

Yo Loop -

You can add many variations to the basic "keed teung". Like, "keed teung rahk soy ngahm", "keed teung rahk sa-mehr", "keed teung tuuk wahn tuuk keun", "keed teung thda-loht", blah, blah, blah.

I suppose you're in the lovey-dovey, everything's new-everything's perfect-no arguments yet stage of your relationship. Good job, bro'. Hope it lasts for awhile.

BTW, if you're saying these words, say them properly, and with the right tone and pitch. English language rules don't mean squat in Thai. Use emphasis where necessary, and you'll melt your Thai honey's heart like a knife through hot butter.

To find out how these words should sound, learn Thai script from a Thai-English dictionary. Or, for absolute accuracy, listen to a native Thai speak the words first. DO NOT put too much stock in English lettering translations of Thai words. Some of them turn the words into an abortion, and sound NOTHING like the Thai words should. Use them at your peril; you'll only be met by uncomprehending stares while people wonder what the hell you're talking about.

This reminded me of a conversation ( phone)

I had with a BG friend some time ago.

She said "miss u very much" I said "how much"

( usually get some reply like "to the sky")

I must have cought here off guard ( or she was comming to the point)

her reply to how much was "how much you can send?)

Kind of put things in perspective for me

(if not there already)

Funny. I had a similar conversation with the girl recently. She said the same thing, "miss you very much."

I asked her "How much?"

She responded, "about 95 percent."

It caught me off guard.

Wonder if she meant 95 percent of my wallet? smile.gif" border="0

Indeed, i will be careful.

thanks all for the warnings.

Kit thung theu (I miss U sweety)

Kit thung khoun(I miss U)

Kit thing khoun (I think I'm dumping U)

Kit thing mung(I tink I'm dumping U dickhead)

U may even be to use the alterations quickly!!

[ November 01, 2001: Message edited by: luisBKK ]

Archived