Who do ya say "bad mouth" in thai?

SiamIAm

quote:

Originally posted by SiamIAm:

I'm trying to come up with a light harted come back to being called "Kee-nok" (bird shit). Anyone know something like bad mouth or something to that effect?

Kee nok? I've never heard a thai person insult anyone that way. Maybe the person meant kee gnok... as in STINGY/Cheap or something like that. As for terms like baak ma or baak sea or whatever, maybe it's best if they weren't translated into english. Dog mouth or spicy mouth just doesn't sound right in english

tongue.gif" border="0

key nok?

I've heard "falang key nok" used several times

( not directed at me of couse smile.gif" border="0 )

I take it to mean cheep forign bastard, as in they don't pay/spend enough. ( the scale is quite variable I am sure)

once heard "flanag key nu" used. ( mouse turd?)

but I think it was in reference to his preformance on the bed.

Once got mad at a pesty vendor, and told him.

kin kee lao die. he smiled and said

( translated) "thai ppl can eat shit and no die."

how true

farang kee nok are farang (guava fruit)that

grow from bird shit(kee nok).

The bird eats the fruit and seeds and the fruit grows from the seeds in the bird shit. Its much smaller and red inside.

thais call farangs who dress dirty and untidyly (like backpackers)farang keenok.

Also a thai who has lived abroad and comes back dressed like a farang etc is called farang kee nok

Pasathai was correct when he said:

quote:

I've heard "falang key nok" used several times

( not directed at me of couse )

I take it to mean cheep forign bastard, as in they don't pay/spend enough

Finally consulted the long-haired dictionary on this one and found out that the phrase can in fact be used to farangs that are cheap. She referred specifically to the Khao-san road variety that may also be dirty, young, etc. Apparently the back-packers do not have a very good reputation among some Thais.

Archived