BGs and LDs - Where/when/how much?

Pat_from_Jersey

From what I understand (so far) lady drinks are relatively more expensive than other types of drinks. The owners make money and the BG gets a cut. Fine. And when you BF a BG she stops working and becomes "your date" for the night. Now, if you return to her bar the next day and buy drinks for both of you, you are again charged the price of her "lady drink", not the cheaper price charged to every other customer.

This does not seem fair to me. Why should her drink cost more (to you) if she's off duty and just chilling? Afterall, she is bringing in business anyway (YOU), and you'll probably buy a lot of drinks. So what's up with that?

Your question doesn't really make sense. Unless you paid the BF for the next day, she wouldn't be off duty. Even if she's "just chillin", the girl still gets a cut. The LD's are a set price, just like any other drink in the place, not really sure why you think you should pay less after the BF. There's also no rule saying you have to buy only LD's. If the price turns you off, buy them something else. The girls are free to drink whatever they want.

i never found any difference in LD's or if they bought their own.

i know Bars are different but when i frequented regular Bars i was charged 100Bt for a LD,and this never changed in 5 Years.

if the Girls bought themselves a drink (very rare occasion) they still paid 100Bt.

only ever went in a Bar where the LD's were more than mine but then again the BF was only 100Bt............

but as i say,all Bars are different and i imagine can charge what they want.

but if you are worried about a few Cents here and there just show them you are a Cheap Charlie and refuse to buy a Girl a Drink,easily done...............

You are not quite right. All the girls get a choice (each time) between having a "real" drink or a "lady drink". Difference is, the "real" drink is charged at the normal price (and is a normal drink). She gets no cut of that. A "lady" drink is a drop of cola or orange squash, charged at a huge inflationary price. She gets a cut of that (normally about 20 baht per drink - although this does vary from bar to bar). If you have her for a few days (say), and each time she goes back she is getting ladies drinks, she is just making a bit of extra money off you (her choice, not the bars!)

-j-

>The general cut in Nana and Cowboy is 40 baht per drink and in Patpong 30 baht.

LOL. Shows you how many years it is since I last bought a "lady drink"!!! Even then, preferred to drink with them having a "real" drink, and slip them some baht after...

>In town this weekend or are you away again??

Away. Nearly forgotten how to bloody get to town. Maybe I should start a new thread. How much is a cab from Nakorn Nowhere to Bangkok?

-j-

some places, Country Road on soi 19 to name 1, has different prices for real drinks-- two tiered prices, clearly printed on their menu. some go go on cowboy, also charges more for a beer you buy a lady. forget which bar on cowboy. I think it was 160 baht for a lady Heineken. :( I think they just add the 80 or whatever baht to the normal price of the beer--the lady's cut is probably the same IMO.

That's just how it is, some places let the girls drink "real" drinks, and charge accordingly so she gets her cut/quota. If this bothers you, just drink somewhere else, with her.

I think in a lot of cases, the drink prices are the same, but you get a beer, she gets a coke. When I met my current GF I think I paid 100-120 for a beer, her beers cost 140-180, something like that.

Archived