Pattaya, first week of January

monkey39

Just booked for the same time

The Sabai Lodge has rooms in all 4 wings, 35 USD per night, whos calling THAT pricey will hear the word "cheap charly" very often :)

The Sunshine Vista has many rooms left

The Mercure Pattaya has rooms left

none of them is expensive all of them are okay to very good!

Sabai Lodge (Sabai Wing) is my favourite!

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A few years ago I showed up in Pty during the holidays to find people sleeping in hotel lobbies. I spent 2 weeks sleeping in the short time room of a friend's bar. Book early.

CT,

Did you use a consolidator website, or did you book direct? I was actually looking for something closer to Walking Street, Soi 13 or Soi 8 area, so didn't try those hotels. My first time to Pattaya, so wanted to be a bit closer to the action. :)

Thanks,

monkey39

you will find yourself in the middle of the action anywhere you stay in pattaya from Soi 2 on down. And anyplace you pick to stay is just a few minutes bahtbus ride to any other micro-region you want to try.

Look here for a great map of Pattaya and click on the soi you are interested for the hig power view and locations of the den of fun you want to go to.

http://www.bahtbus.com/map/

Well, as I said, this is my first trip to Pattaya, so excuse my ignorance of the locale! :o I wanted to check out some of the go-go's, as I've never been to one (usually stick to beerbars - more relaxed), and my understanding was that most of them are on or near Walking Street. Probably wouldn't barfine anyone from them, though; been hearing about inflationary attitude from some of the girls. :: Anyway, looking forward to a good time!

cheers,

monkey39

monkey39 said:

CT,

Did you use a consolidator website, or did you book direct? I was actually looking for something closer to Walking Street, Soi 13 or Soi 8 area, so didn't try those hotels. My first time to Pattaya, so wanted to be a bit closer to the action. :)

Thanks,

monkey39

I was there before and they remembered me very well that's how i got a monster price this time for a suite.

if you are interested to go there i would send them an email, they tend to give you better rates when you ask them diretcly.

I was planning to stay closer to walking street too, but actually i have to say that driving 11 sois with an open Taxi didn't bother any of us. All the Falangs go to the soi 13-15 hotels, they are packed like mad and that's what gives the owners the ooportunity to keep their prices high. The Sabai Lodge is in the center of 3 Top Notch Body Massage places (they own them), there are about 30 open bars with more than 400 girls in a walking distance of 5 minutes, it has probably the nicest pools, they have good food and the staff is so more friendly than you could handle :)

Sabai Lodge fullfills my 3 key points

Clean, Spacious, and guest friendly.

The Location at soi 2 has way more charme than Walking Street to me.

You can send me a private message and i will let you know who to contact, you can use me as a reference this will help you to get a better rate. (I am there at the same time too, btw) :)

Thanks, CT, I'll have to try that next time. I've already booked and paid for Areca Lodge this trip, but I'll probably be heading out there the first week of April '06, so I may try that out next time.

You'll be in Pattaya at that time, as well? Hell, I'll buy you a beer, if you have the time! ;)

monkey39

The Acera is not bad at all and the location has it's own advantages, 10 minute walk to the beach, but many small and friendly beer bars nearby, not as pushy as the ones closer to the beach. If you like pool, MEG-A-BREAK, one of the better pool halls around is just past the lodge. The soi Buakow area, just up the soi, has developed it's own scene is is worth checking out as are a lot of small restaurants just off Buakow. Ask about "CRAZY DAVES' for breakfast.

Also a branch of "LOLITAS' nearby.

Cool, thanks for the info! Yeah, I can spend a whole afternoon sipping beers and playing pool. Used to play a lot in university, but not so much these days - at least in the States. But now that I've been coming to Thailand, my pool game has improved considerably! Nothing like getting your ass kicked multiple times by BGs to get the ol' competitive spirit going! :p

Archived