Pattaya, first week of January

monkey39

In need of a bit of advice. I'm planning on going to Pattaya for a few days in January (Jan 2-5, to be precise), in addition to Chiang Mai and BKK. I've been trying to book a reservation at multiple hotels (mostly ones that have been recommended in previous threads), but it seems that most of them are booked up. Have tried: Areca, Sandy Springs, Lek, Inntown, Flipper, Diamond Beach, Sawasdee Sea View, Dynasty Inn, plus a few more with no luck. From another thread, tried using www.octopustravel.com (good site, btw). On there, I can get instant confirmation on rooms for Beverly Plaza, Central, or Baiyoke for around 1300baht per night, but I haven't read too many good things about these places. Plus, not really sure if I like the locations for Central or Baiyoke.

So my question: is it better to book a room at one of the three hotels above (have to prepay), or take my chances and just show up in Pattaya, hoping for the best? I'd like to stay around 1500 baht or less for the room, and be located in the Central to South Pattaya area, if possible. Must be guest-friendly of course. :) Also, if you have some better suggestions for hotels that I haven't tried, that would be much appreciated, as well.

Thanks,

monkey39

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi!

Most hotels in Pattaya are booked solid at this time so take what you can get. You could also try the Intown Holiday. I managed to get a room here a couple of years ago when I booked in Nov. It is not a great hotel but quite sufficient. Here is the contact information:

Tel: 038 42 06 696 - 701

Fax: 038 42 06 81

Email: info@intownholiday.co.th

regards

ALHOLK

P.S. I booked by fax.

ALHOLK said:

Hi!

Most hotels in Pattaya are booked solid at this time so take what you can get. You could also try the Intown Holiday. I managed to get a room here a couple of years ago when I booked in Nov. It is not a great hotel but quite sufficient. Here is the contact information:

Tel: 038 42 06 696 - 701

Fax: 038 42 06 81

Email: info@intownholiday.co.th

regards

ALHOLK

P.S. I booked by fax.

Thanks - already tried Intown, but they were booked... :(

Roger_Baby said:

Check out the Sabai Inn and Sabai Lodge, pricey, but they had rooms last year at that time and the rooms are good. If being close to the water is not important, then you can always find a place inland a bit.

I think I tried Sabai Inn, but can't remember for sure. I've tried so many hotels and gotten shot down, but can't remember them all. Anyway, I think I got a room in Areca! They said that they were booked up couple of weeks ago when I checked, but I forgot that I had tried with them already and sent another reservation request - came through this time! :: Looks like I'm not going to be homeless when I'm there!

Thanks,

monkey39

monkey39 said:
Roger_Baby said:

Check out the Sabai Inn and Sabai Lodge, pricey, but they had rooms last year at that time and the rooms are good. If being close to the water is not important, then you can always find a place inland a bit.

I think I tried Sabai Inn, but can't remember for sure. I've tried so many hotels and gotten shot down, but can't remember them all. Anyway, I think I got a room in Areca! They said that they were booked up couple of weeks ago when I checked, but I forgot that I had tried with them already and sent another reservation request - came through this time! :: Looks like I'm not going to be homeless when I'm there!

Thanks,

monkey39

Not to worry, Pattaya has a shitload of hotels. I think it'd be damn near impossible to fill them all up. Many dont have websites, so you cant inquire about a room until you show up. You might have to do a little legwork when you arrive, but you'll find somethin.

Archived