Sydney

Prosal

It is probably 20 years since i have been to Selinas.

It might have a different name now....but yeah it gets pretty rowdy down that end of Coogee on the weekends....thankfuly my place is up near Carrington Road....lots of packbacker types who you could pick up in Coogee if you were young enough....

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Coogee Bay Hotel is now a 24 hour venue. Before early a.m the Beach Palace Hotel is the place to go. If you want to head back towards Bondi the Beach Road Hotel (formerly known as The Regis aka Box of Bex) is probably #1 spot in Bondi. Coogee is now predominantly occupied by backpackers. Some one recently graffitied in large letters on an extremely prominent wall "Ivan Milat for week-end release" In remained untouched for nearly 18 months. Your correct about the Wentworth and Southern Couriers for the rub n' tug. there are a couple of nice young Thai girls working from a private residence in Clovelly.

Coogee is a funny place - all happy families by day (very little surf in the protected bay) and feral pub types at night. I can remember seeing en entire line of cars with their drivers side windows smashed outside the Coogee Bay back in the 80's - seemingly random and mindless shit, but probably commonplace in 21st century 'Sin City'.

Sadly, mindless violence isnt restricted to Sydney:

Bali safer than Byron, says Hunt

November 01, 2005

MEDIA personality Rex Hunt has angered Byron Bay by claiming tourists are more in more danger there than in Bali after he and his son were attacked by youths in the New South Wales resort town.

Hunt has told media he and his son Matthew were attacked by a gang of teenage thugs in front of Hunt's wife and his son's girlfriend on Friday night, because they were tourists.

The assault left them with cuts and bruises, but NSW police say the incident was not reported.

A football commentator on Southern Cross radio station 3AW, Hunt told 3AW news that anti-tourist attacks were common in Byron Bay, one of Australia's best-known holiday destinations.

"It's a regular occurrence and if you're a tourist in Byron Bay go there at your own peril," he said.

"I would think Bali is safer than Byron Bay at the moment."

Byron Shire mayor Jan Barham rejected Hunt's comments, saying they were "inflammatory and irresponsible" and tourists were not regularly attacked.

"I think if that's what he's actually said it's an extremely irresponsible comment to make and it certainly is disrespectful of the Bali situation," Cr Barham said.

"My understanding is that in Byron there is not any major problem about these sort of issues.

"We have issues like many other communities do ... in relation to fighting or anti-social behaviour on the streets.

"We've actually been monitoring and taking steps to deal with anti-social behaviour, in relation to alcohol in particular, for many years. We have a safe community plan and work closely with the police."

She said tourism was Byron Bay's main industry and the community supported it.

"It is a safe place and there is increasing awareness of taking initiatives to ensure it is a safe place for locals and visitors."

Hunt said on 3AW that he had feared for his son's life.

"I was afraid, as my wife (was), we would have a dead son on our hands, because this was just a mad wolf pack attack."

He said up to 15 teenage boys attacked them, hitting him in the head with a bottle and kicking and punching his son.

But 3AW reported Hunt would not be pursuing police action against the offenders.

NSW police said they had no complaint on record about the incident.

Saw an interview where Hunt's son attributed his survival to the intervention of his GF - she waded into the back of the pack with her stilletto - you go, girl !

• 4 weeks later...

I currently live in Sydney, though I prefer Melbourne... The best p4p site is www.sensualdownunder.com

There are brothels everywhere, but they tend to be discrete and you usually don't recognise them.

Mostly, they employ Asian girls. My best experiences were with Koreans for about $160 an hour.

The licenced (read legal) places are about $250 an hour and are where the white girls work.

There's loads to do as a tourist and prices are like mainland Europe unless you plan on buying property.

Oh, and we drive on the left like Thailand.. A fact which probably kept me alive more than once recently.

Archived