Those damn shows

gummigut

Okay, I'm not a big fan of shows in general.

But what's with the FASHION SHOW CATWALK CRAP!!!

Specifically certain bars on Cowboy. They have, I don't know, 5-8 women dress up in crappy gowns. Each girl walks up and down the poles then sits in front of a pole waiting for all the other girls to do the same thing.

Has there EVER been a bigger waste of my time???

It takes FOREVER, and often the girls walk off in the same fashion so it's FOREVER TWICE!!!

On top of that, the girls have this crappy face. Like what you see on the covers of glamour and vogue. Not the enticing looks you want to attract punters.

Now I KNOW this has got to be some female mamasan contrivance as it's NOT what guys want. Guys want to see SKIN. SEXY INVITING. Not attempts at trying to be snooty in crappy costumes!!!

Hello??? Are any of the barowners HOME??? Guess not as these shows continue unabated.

<<burp>>

gummigut said:

Specifically certain bars on Cowboy. They have, I don't know, 5-8 women dress up in crappy gowns. Each girl walks up and down the poles then sits in front of a pole waiting for all the other girls to do the same thing.

<<burp>>

At least they are women--many of whom you may later see naked or in various forms of undress. :)

What I hated the most was the ridiculous guy with fire and nun chucks shows they used to do on the top floor of NEP. Those were the worst.

As I recall it was an imitation of a fashion show if we are thinking of the same place.

The catwalk number, then off stage for a flash, then back on stage with a little less on.

Repeated until little or nothing is on and then on to the lesbian show or something normal involving at least partial nudity.

A pseudo fashion show as a prelude to the rest is fine. Nothing wrong with girls doing their top model fantasy.

The catwalk stuff without leading to something interesting is morally offensive and the mamasan should be told very politely.

If enough customers mention it they will change it.

You're talking about Long Gun, right?

I think they're much better than AngelWitch for sexy shows. The shows at AngelWitch are said to be choreographed by a ladyboy and I can well believe it. Apart from the traditional dancing and shaking of hair ones, they're just too much arty pretension and not enough sex. :down:

My one complaint about Long Gun would be the system that seems to deliberately make it hard for anyone to hook up with a girl that you see on stage. They do the show then f*cking disappear!

gummigut said:

It takes FOREVER, and often the girls walk off in the same fashion so it's FOREVER TWICE!!!

<<burp>>

Oh my, would you love Rangoon.

Just about every nightspot offers "fashion shows", ENDLESS ones. As this is Burma, you can perhaps guess the quality of the "fashion" on show -- all those dresses nobody wore in the 70s. The "talent" keeps on parading (bored, out of synch) till they've garnered enough garlands, or have to move on to the next venue. Then a "musical intermezzo" followed by...the NEXT show!

It's an excellent waste of one's time, once.

Can't wait to get back though.....

Archived