Fermented rice or Kao Maahk

limbo

Just love it.

Do you guys like it or know it? It's the reddish looking rice, cooked and left overnight with yeast in it.

My wife started to make it herself very recently, before we just had it as left overs from aunties and/or mum in law after weddings and the like.

Hi Dude,

I have to stand corrected, the red rice is called Kao niau daang, black sticky rice. Just confirmed that with the missus.

However, once you eat it, the cosistency (?) is way different than your normal sticky rice.

So, yep, you're right, you probably do know it. The version I talk about however, is not served with coconut milk, but overnight yeast is put on top and then you can consume it.

@Limbo

just so long as it tastes good!

I might have had the fermented style way back when, but I do not remember if it had any particular smell like yeast, but that was a long time ago.

in the past few years, I just go for the sweets. the red/black sticky rice is available as a dessert at the Emporium food court...

uh, oh, another erotic food court field report. :)

She saw me approaching her counter, she and I both knew what I wanted. Her eyes locked onto mine, and she broke into a broad smile, knowing I knew what was on her mind. She tasted the coconut milk with a tiny spoon, to see if it was sweet enough, to see if it would satisfy me, her lips slightly parted, allowing a tiny drop of coconut milk to seep through those portals of pleasure... down her chin, beading up, finally falling onto her exposed cleavage... with a deep sigh, and with her eyes never leaving mine; she put a large portion of black sticky rice in my bowl, covered it with a healthy serving of coconut milk... and finally stirred it until the two were perfectly blended... (to be continued). ::

Doesn't taste yeasty, it's more like a slightly watery rice, that's why I originally thought it wasn't sticky rice, since it doesn't stick.

Looking forward to see the rest of story and if possible, a glance of the cleavage would do fine as well. :rolleyes::beer:

limbo said:

Doesn't taste yeasty, it's more like a slightly watery rice, that's why I originally thought it wasn't sticky rice, since it doesn't stick.

Looking forward to see the rest of story and if possible, a glance of the cleavage would do fine as well. :rolleyes::beer:

duck noodles and black sticky rice covered in coconut milk! what a meal! what a combination! That was a meal to remember! :) except for the fact that she smelled a little yeasty... :(

:)

(for a glance of some awsome cleavage, take a peek at SD's recent avatar.)

Archived