posting parcels back to the UK

Vincent

hi everyone

does anyone roughy know how much the cost of posting home about 15 to 20 football shirts would cost,from los to the uk ?

also,is there any customs declaration forms to fill in before doing this.

my problem is,i buy what i need for myself ( i always travel light ),,,but a mate at work wants about 20 shirts,i'v agreed to buy them for him (his money of course ) but i aint lugging them all home for him,so i suggested i mail them to him.

any rough guides to the cost would be greatly appreciated.

cheers in advance

vincent

My god !!!!!

" GBP70/100 "

70 quid to an hundred quid just for postage ??????

I buy them for 250 bhat per shirt,so that makes 20 shirts about 5,000 bhat about £70 squid,,,so its gonna cost roughly the same to send them home by mail ???

shite

Split them into 4 packs of 5 and send them to different mates (or family) I would bring 'Mail Tuf' plastic envelopes from the UK to send them back in, it won't cost you 100 squid. The Thai post office has a website with the post rates on it, so you can check the cost before you go. The post is reliable and I have had a near 100% sucess rate regarding delivery. The cheapest is to bring them back in your luggage, if you are over the £135 limit (I think) declare them as 'casual clothes' (not football shirts) and pay the 17.5% duty. I have never had a problem with customs doing it this way and I have frequently had many 'T shirts' in my case. I always tell the truth regarding cost, but I present it in the best possible light, (omitting quantity and style) i.e. if I had 20 football shirts at 250 each I would declare £71 pounds worth of casual clothes

Archived