Sexy accents in Thai?

bibblies

I was listening to a Frenchman speak English the other day and it got me wondering. The Italians and French are supposed to sound sexy when they speak English, whereas the German and South African accents certainly aren't.

Any there any sexy accents in Thai and any really bad ones?

Sexy?...umm..hard to say because "sexy" is a very subject matter.

For me, I don't think any nationality speaking Thai has a sexy accent. Maybe I don't meet a lot of farangs to develop such a comment. Why don't you ask bgs ? I mean it. They've met many farangs who try to speak to them in Thai.

French people speak English makes me dizzy - not sexy at all. (Sorry folks frown.gif" border="0 )

[ January 16, 2002: Message edited by: Good Thai Girl ]

Originally posted by Good Thai Girl:

"Sexy?...umm..hard to say because "sexy" is a very subject matter."

First, GTG, I know that you would like to improve your English (which is very, very good already), so just a little correction:

It has to be "subjective matter". Hope that's helpful.

That aside, have you ever heard a farang speak Thai with an Indian accent? Long sojourns in India have bent my tongue in funny ways and - as I'm being told time and time again - now I speak Thai with an Indian inflection! Now, I don't in any way think that's "sexy", but I get a lot of laughs out of Thais for that - especially when I ham it up and exaggerate the accent.

Originally posted by Good Thai Girl:

'It has to be "French people speaking English makes me dizzy - not sexy at all.'

Funny. To many European ears it sounds quite charming (except to British ears probably). If the French speaking English makes you dizzy, try the Italians - you'll have a fainting spell.

Here's a guess: I'd suspect that Japanese people speaking Thai might sound fairly "sexy", or at least "very cute". Right?

quote:

Originally posted by Scum_Baggio:

Funny. To many European ears it sounds quite charming (except to British ears probably). If the French speaking English makes you dizzy, try the Italians - you'll have a fainting spell.

I think most English people find the French accent very nice. Well I like it anyway..

Aussies must have pretty sexy accents .............well its always worked for me abroad and in my own country! laugh.gif" border="0laugh.gif" border="0laugh.gif" border="0tongue.gif" border="0tongue.gif" border="0tongue.gif" border="0

My 2 favourite Sexy accents; French and Kiwi

GTG if you wanted to sound REALLY smart you'd just say "Sexy?...umm..hard to say because "sexy" is very subjective"... tongue.gif" border="0

[ January 23, 2002: Message edited by: fredCunty ]

Archived