Bird Thongchai song meaning

hi singbond,me again.

don't know much about bird and cannot really answer your question.

my girl always buys me cd's by parn,in fact i'm listening to one now.

my girl will sing along to the track and tell me what it's all about.

wish i could get a translation of the lyrics.

knowing where you live you are probably in a better position than me to get hold of thai music,nothing sells it in my neck of the woods.

if you want to send me your address on my private e-mail i will send you a tape of the music i have.

Khon mai mee fan - Boy doesn't have boyfriend laugh.gif" border="0 Bird is gay, not that that should detract from his music. As far as Thai music is concerned I don't mind it but a few of the young guys (Thai) that I work with won't listen to him because he's a fag. Who said Thais weren't predjudiced?

Sayjann,

I have Mos Patiparn (if your gf bought you that) latest - Happy Trip. Some songs "Salab salad", "Man kerr arai", "Mai jep mai pood rok". Thanks anyway.

Daeng,

Perhaps should be "Lau Soo Gaan Fang". Song number 3 on the Smile Club CD. Search at www.ethaicd.com for the name in Thai chars.

Dan,

Most ppl know Bird is gay. His songs still command a good spectrum of the listeners young and old.

Anyone know any site that has the English / Roman alphabet translation of Thai songs?

tongue.gif" border="0

Lao Su Kan Fang = Telling each other

Lao= tell = เล่า

Su= to = สู่ ( สู้ = fight)

Kan = each other = กัน

Fang = Listen = ฟัง

This one is a very beautiful song! You should be pleased if someone give this song to you. It talks about no matter where you are or what happens in your life you still have one who will be there to listen and always think about you.

" Though It's raining over there, I can feel the cold here. Are you worried about anything? Do you need anything? Can you still fight? Don't forget to let me know. You always have me."

Thanks TGIAM!

That's really lovely lyrics. Wow.. i will get that CD for someone i really like.

Trying to find sites that have full translation of lyrics. Still searching.

laugh.gif" border="0laugh.gif" border="0

My GF told me that he sings about problems

with your GF/BF but not in same way that most

thais (and farangs) singing (falling in love blabla).

My GF is not shure wheter Bird a Gay is, but I think he is - i saw a documentary on TV 3 weeks ago. He lives with his mother and on

his table near his bed he has some photos

from his mother, i think not usual for a

40 yrs up man...

wink.gif" border="0

[ January 26, 2002: Message edited by: Mentors ]

Firstly, I have a great deal of admiration for him. You never seen him showing any signs of wealth or anything. He doesn't seem materialistic at all. That documentary showed that he lives with his "clan" up near Chaing Rai somewhere and he bought the land and built all the houses. I think it's easy to see he's gay when he lets those lanterns go up in the sky. But gay or otherwise he's a very talented artist. Probably the most respected musical talent in Thailand. I own Smile and the Karoke concert CD. He's also a very good performer and any pop star coming to Bangkok should study his concert to see what a Thai audience likes to see from a performer.

quote:

Originally posted by Mentors:

My GF told me that he sings about problems

with your GF/BF but not in same way that most

thais (and farangs) singing (falling in love blabla).

My GF is not shure wheter Bird a Gay is, but I think he is - i saw a documentary on TV 3 weeks ago. He lives with his mother and on

his table near his bed he has some photos

from his mother, i think not usual for a

40 yrs up man...

wink.gif" border="0

[ January 26, 2002: Message edited by: Mentors ]

• 3 weeks later...

I have the album “Smile Club” too, amongst other CDs I bought on my last visit to BKK. And I found that it has to be best, I don’t understand 90% of the lyrics but I found that the melodies, beats and his voice were captivating.

There were couple of lines “Up Nam Can’t” and “Up Nam Derm” on track 4, I know “Up Nam” is to shower. What’s “Can’t and Derm”

Hats off to the producer of this album that included a kraoke track of “Rao Su Gun Faang” at the end.

Over to you, gentlemen.

Archived