Bird Thongchai song meaning

Did the documentary show his house in Hawaii? he is a very wealthy star, good luck to him on that. I think any thai star showing signs of wealth and 'getting above themselves' would very soon slide down the popularity chart. Who gives a toss if he is gay or not, what difference does it make. Personally I think he is a very boring singer and gave the few CD's I had of his away, thai girls love his stuff though so makes a good present-peter

quote:

Originally posted by steffi:

Firstly, I have a great deal of admiration for him. You never seen him showing any signs of wealth or anything. He doesn't seem materialistic at all.

[ January 26, 2002: Message edited by: Mentors ]

[/QB]

Yo Dan -

You are aboslutely correct, sir. That Bird dude is gay as f*ck. My ex-G/F and Thai homies told me so... shocked.gif" border="0

Funny about Thai guys not listening to certain pop stars 'cause of, ahem, what they do. All my homies in St. Pete are straight and they don't mind listening to the guy. Actually, Bird had a couple of pretty kewl tunes a few years back, phat rap numbers that were very dance-able. So go figure, I guess. crazy.gif" border="0

On the other hand, there was this other singer named Got Jakrapun who in 1998 came to America on a tour. I asked the Thai dudes at my fav restaurant if they were going to the concert and they were like, "Hell no! That motherf*cker's GAY!".

Some of my buds were tasked with doing all the equipment set-up, and I was letting them use my truck. So I go down to the place and guess what - this guy has hundreds of Thai and Laos women crowded around the stage - crying, screaming and yelling. Whenever someone was able to grab and kiss him, they'd smile triumphantly to the rest. You would have thought the guy was Brad Pitt or something. Pretty amazing.

Dude put on a good show, I have to say, with all sorts of dancing girls around him. But afterwards my friends were saying the guy was a total homo backstage, him and his queen "life-partner" prancing and swishing about. shocked.gif" border="0

So maybe you're right on that prejudice thing. smile.gif" border="0

[ February 13, 2002: Message edited by: pjacktpa ]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

>>I have Mos Patiparn (if your gf bought you that) latest - Happy Trip<<

Did you know that Bird and Mos were an item? Also, what's with the CD cover of Smile, all those young boys with Bird holding up Bananas to their mouth. Sort of a phallic/sexual innuendo thing with all these young boys? smile.gif" border="0

quote:

Originally posted by Mentors:

My GF told me that he sings about problems

with your GF/BF but not in same way that most

thais (and farangs) singing (falling in love blabla).

[ January 26, 2002: Message edited by: Mentors ]

I wonder why you feel you need to consult your GF in this matter. In an earlier post you wrote that your "thai is much better than your english".

Surely you would then be able to figure that out by yourself. crazy.gif" border="0

Well, don't take the titles of this song in a complete literal sense.

Like Kon mai mee faan- yeah, it does mean person who doesn't have a gf/bf. i haven't heard the song so i don't know what tone it gives. he could mean it in a sarcastic sense... like nobody wants me, i got dumped, i'm lonely or he could be advertising himself... i'm single! i'm free! i'm available!

and ja aow jaak nai... from the title, i sense it could mean something like... i'm too poor for you laugh.gif" border="0

... and yes, bird is gay, everyone knows it just like ricky martin is gay too.

[ February 18, 2002: Message edited by: GoldenChild ]

Archived