Acronis True Image - Explore Function

gawguy

I have been using Acronis True Image for a few years now and I have never been happier with any program.

One thing I don't understand is what happens when I "explore" an image. The program creates a "temporary logical drive." You can look through your archived disk and then "erase" the temporary drive. But...

What is written to the disk drive on which the "temporay" drive is created when I "explore" an image? If my files are actually restored and written to my computer hard drive as I "explore" them, is there a footprint or ghost that is left on the hard drive? Let's say I "explore" a private file. After erasing the temporary drive, is there a footprint of my private file left in an erased temporary file? If so, in order to get rid of it, I would run "erase unused space" with a program like eraser??

Part of my purpose in using Acronis is to hide private files in a password protected archive. I don't want to leave footprints of private files on my disk drive that can be restored by someone else.

GG

I'm using Acronis True Image for some time now and think that they improved a lot over the years.

I haven't looked at it from the aspect of privacy via password protected images.

What I know is that mounting an image as virtual drive doesn't leave traces of the images content on your computer. If you then access your files with various programs then these programs will/might leave traces. E.g. opening saved websites with IE will leave traces in IEs cache. And names of accessed files will be logged in recent used docs.

The girls and boys at acronis would be surprised when told they are selling a tool for computer privacy. Aren't you worried someone might hack into your password protected images?

Archived