Guy shot dead at Miami airport.

Prosal

A guy taking a plane to Medellin was shot dead by the federal marshalls at the Miami airport. They shot him in the back for running off the plane, up the ramp, as the airplane was on the ground, parked at the airport before leaving the gate. They said he claimed to have a bomb (they obviously 'forgot' that he had already been screened twice before getting on the plane).

But the truth comes out from witnesses :

---------------------------------------------------------------

Seven passengers interviewed by the Orlando Sentinel -- seated in both the front and rear of the main passenger cabin -- said Alpizar was silent as he ran past them on his way to the exit. One thought he had taken the wrong flight. Another thought he was going to throw up.

"I can tell you, he never said a thing. He never called out he had a bomb," said Orlando architect Jorge A. Borrelli, who helped comfort Alpizar's wife after the gunfire. "He never said a word from the point he passed me at Row 9. . . . He did not say a word to anybody."

Two teens seated in Row 26 agreed. So did Jorge Figueroa, a power-plant operator from Lakeland seated a few rows behind first class.

"He wasn't saying anything; he was just running," Figueroa said. "I said to myself, 'It is probably a person who took the wrong plane.' "

What passengers did hear were the desperate explanations from Buechner, Alpizar's wife, who at first seemed embarrassed by her husband's hasty exit. She started to follow him off the plane, saying, "He's sick. He needs to get off the plane," witnesses said.

Orlando Sentinel

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Next time you get diarhea or need to throw up and have to run out in a US airport, be careful.

Something is really rotten in America.

::

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sounds very reminiscent of the wilfull lies and misinformation put out by the British police after they murded the Brazillian guy on the tube a few months ago. The scant disregarde for the life of others and overeaction fulled by mindless paranoia, is an emerging trend that the civilised world can well do without. Personally I blame bush, shoot the cunt, that's what I say :)

This nanzy pansy do-gooder point of view really pisses me off.

I don?t know the circumstances regarding the Miami guy - the witness's quotes are new to me, maybe the marshal did fuck up after all. I initially read that the guy was running down the plane with a backpack shouting bomb, bomb. Again, I don?t which is true at this point.

As for the Brazilian guy on the LU, the MET did indeed fuck up (although the guy shot DID jump the turnstile and run when armed police told him to stop just a couple days after the LU was bombed). He wasn?t murdered. It was a case of mistaken identity and the guy?s stupid intent on ignoring the police's request to stop. But yes, it was a fuck up.

But it pisses me off when the services are condemned in a big way for incidents like this. Of course they are paranoid. Of course they are over anxious. Of course they are fuckin trigger happy. And of course they fuck up! Its human to fuck up, isn?t it? But when a guy from the police/special services etc fucks up and kills a suspected terrorist who transpires to be innocent (although fuckin stupid), all of a sudden there is an outrage amongst the do gooders and Bush/Blair are to blame!

The guy who left the ferry doors open on the Herald Of Free Enterprise fucked up in a big way, and over a hundred people died, he fucked up. The guy who fell asleep at the wheel and drove onto a railway line, resulting in many deaths...he too fucked up. When the U.S army blew up allied tanks in gulf war friendly fire...they too fucked up. But these incidents are rightly looked upon by society as human errors. But when the security services fuck up in this context, all of a sudden people forget they are human, dismiss them as 'murderers' and bring the Bush/Blair thing into it. Have you not noticed what is going on in the world? 9/11? The Underground? Madrid? Bali?

I tell you what, let?s see what would happen if the security services chilled out, smoked a few joints and generally calmed down in this day and age of terrorist activities. The world would be blown to fuckin bits in a nano second. Sure, there wouldn?t be occasional one off deaths out of mistaken identity or human error, but there would be a hell of a lot more 9/11's. Take your pick.

Batty said: It was a case of mistaken identity and the guy?s stupid intent on ignoring the police's request to stop.

The cops were in plain clothes, and the man had been beat up by a bunch of English thugs on his way to work a few months previously. How do you DARE to presume you know what he was running from ?

And even if - even IF - he did run from people he knew for a fact were police because he thought he was illegal (his visa has expired), so what? That is still not cause to gun him down in cold blood.

He wasn?t murdered.

Running, in England or in USA, is not from what I know a capital offence. NINE shots in an innocent migrant's head is murder. Period.

Prosal, I DONT presume to know what the guy was running from. I do however, dare to presume what was going through the police officers minds at the time of the shooting.

Further more, I have no presumption as to why he would run, jump over a turnstile, and then bolt it down the escalator whilst being shouted at by armed police ''armed police, stop or we will shoot''

What are the police supposed to do? Shrug there shoulders and concede 'oh, he probably thinks we are English thugs, lets leave him be'

Again, I can?t stress enough that this is very, very tragic. The poor bloke was shot and killed when he posed no threat to the public. I'm not saying he deserved to be shot, I'm saying that it was a tragic error on both parts; the police for following the wrong guy, and the Brazilian man for running away from armed police.

Honestly, I feel so strongly about this. I recall the media outrage at the time, and it pissed me off. It was a tragic mistake in troubled times, as simple as that. It was certainly not murder. To dismiss it as murder would be suggesting the police new he was innocent and posed no threat, and that is ridiculous... why the fuck would the British Police 'murder' an innocent guy?

The cops in London DIDN'T do their job. They totally fucked up. They shot an innocent man, probably due to piss poor methodology.

Of course if I'd be a visa overstayer in Brasil as well, I wouldn't run from the cops in Rio. They're not even SUPPOSED to have a methodology.

::

In light of what happened in UK this past summer when initial reports were later found to be totally wrong, I wanted to wait until later to hear what happened. Yes, now I am hearing is disturbing.

The man did not say anything when he walked out of the plane. The fact that he was outside of the plane and that no one recalled him saying he had a bomb leads me to believe that the air marshalls might have acted in inappropriately.

There appears to have been a coverup to protect the air marshalls. The US is a trigger happy society. You know the saying, "shoot now, ask questions later" mentally...much more so given 9/11.

If the guy was harmlessly walking off the plane with no obvious and present threat, then yes that is beyond fucking up. I dont wish to come over as a hard ass, so just let me reiterate that i only defend the actions of police et al if the suspect was given adequate warning. If he wasnt, and was shot 'out of the blue', then yes this is very very wrong.

Let me say I'm proud SAS among a few other airlines haven't (yet) given in to the US' insisting request to have police in civil clothes on planes bound for US.

Also Scandinavian airports are some of the few in the west where its actually possible to get thru security checks properly without causing false alarms & embarressing body strips :banghead:

Surely being small well organised countries are a unique benefit, but surely some countries ought to do some thorough thoughs on their policies.

Archived