Guy shot dead at Miami airport.

Prosal

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Further more, I have no presumption as to why he would run, jump over a turnstile, and then bolt it down the escalator whilst being shouted at by armed police ''armed police, stop or we will shoot''

You should check your facts before making stupid assumptions, based on the contents of the gutter press and sensationalised reporting. After the independant enquiry into the incident was set up much evidence has come to light regarding the actual events. The evidence has come from eye witnesses, CCTV footage and leaked statements from some police officers themselves, who were appalled by the propaganda being circulated and not corrected after facts were known.

The facts are

#1 He was not running, in fact he actually stopped to buy a newspaper in the station concourse.

#2 He did not jump the barrier.

#3 No request to stop was made.

#4 He was not wearing a bulky coat, he wore a denim jacket.

#5 He was sitting down on the train when the gunman entered the carriage, pinned him down and emptied his gun into his head (without any warning or challange being given)

#6 The UK television news reported today the police will face prosicution regarding this incident.

I believe in law and order and a fair transparent justice system which applies to everyone no individual is above the law in the UK including gun crazed policemen. My only concern is that the namby pambies will get him off with a slap on the wrist and give the police the message they can murder people with impunity.

He should be charged with the murder (or manslaughter) given a fair trial and if foung guilty sent to prison, just as anyone else would

Ok, not very fair to cite what I have read previously as stupid assumptions, I only know what I have read, or watched on the news.

I have just read the latest facts on the independent enquiry etc and it seems my argument wasn?t exactly accurate.

If the latest facts are true, then quite frankly I am astonished.

Hi!

I remember when the NY cops shot some bloke a couple of years back. According the the news they fired 42 shots and he was hit by 19. I think that this says something about people who choose to pursue a police career, apart from them being murderers that is.

regards

ALHOLK

ALHOLK said:

Hi!

I remember when the NY cops shot some bloke a couple of years back. According the the news they fired 42 shots and he was hit by 19. I think that this says something about people who choose to pursue a police career, apart from them being murderers that is.

regards

ALHOLK

Have u ever been in a gunfight? If not, I suspect that you might not understand the dynamics involved and why a less than 50% ratio of shots fired/hits is not at all unusual.

It ain't like being at a carnival booth with a pellet gun. :)

HH

Let's face it, being a cop is a crap job. Many people won't like you, the pay is usually not very good, plus you get thrown into situations where you may have to make snap decisions which if wrong can get YOU killed. Mistakes are bound to happen. But what would our cities be like without any police on duty? I've had several policemen in my family -- on both sides of the Atlantic. Strangely enough, I don't recall any of them ever killing anyone in the line of duty, let alone murdering people.

Still, it bothers me when false stories are deliberately put out when a f*ck up does occur.

Archived