Funnyman Richard Pryor Dies

Torneyboy

sayjann said:

can i go against the flow?.

never found him funny and never saw what the fuss was all about........

I can understand why you may think that , his humor wasn't the brit " Mr Bean , Benny Hill or Monty Python " soft humor , his was more cutting edge and pushing the envelope , taking on race issues and questioning american society. I don't think you brits would understand it. Not to worry , mayby Ali G can save you ::

Bada :xmascheer Bing

I gotta agree with sayjann. I'm a Yank and was in my late teens when Pryor was at his zenith, but I never really got into him. But I watched Python and SNL in the same years and thought they were much more cutting-edge. Pryor was overrated IMO.

For social/political satire, I preferred Bill Hicks, but he's dead now too. He didn't make it to 40.

Being in your late teens during his heyday , i can understand why you didn't get it. It's not the person , it's the " message " , if you can't relate to the " message " how are you to understand the meaning ? You might be the guy who stands in line for 6 hours to see a Adam Sandler movie , I'd rather watch the cooking channel :: People like Lenny Bruce or Red Foxx are way off your radar , too bad you missed them , then you may have been able to sift thru the " haves " and " have not's " :twocents:

Bada :beer: Bing

Archived