Brit Beaten to death on KoChang !

BuffHello

Three arrested in beating death of British tourist in Thailand

Published on Dec 25 , 2005

Three Thai men have been arrested in connection with the killing of a British tourist who was beaten to death and robbed in southeastern Thailand, police said Sunday.

James Edward Hall, 57, from the northeastern city of Sunderland, was found dead Saturday in a bungalow on Chang island's Sai Khao beach, about 400 kilometres (250 miles) from Bangkok.

Police said the suspects, all laborers in the area, were arrested Sunday and were being questioned.

"In the interrogation the three suspects confessed that they had beaten the victim in order to rob him of his money," said Lieutenant Colonel Supin Naoprakhone, of the Chang island police.

Supin said Hall was a frequent visitor to the island and last arrived in October./Agence France-Presse

Busy Xmas week it seems... kindda hope the guys on both cases will get stiff sanction sbefore beating foreigners to death become a trendy hobby in Thailand...

Why U need to beat someone to death when u're presumably after his money is suspicious as well... a lot of anger out there...

Where do you guys dig up all this dead fellang info?

Seems to be much of it going on at the moment, and as i have said before i dont think the intention is to kill, but the little bastards just dont know when to stop.

Sad. Real sad. It would make a refreshing change to one day read ''Thai's beaten to death by old Fellang over game of pool''.

Obvioulsy i dont mean that.... Just pisses me off all these Fellangs being killed, and usualy 50 years plus...

Ko Chang is a fairly sleepy, safe place to live isnt it? Suprising.

Where is the most dangerous place for a fellang to live in Thailand? Excluding southern areas.... i mean violent areas. Does such a place exist here?

With an influx of easy money into the country from tourist and a laxness in older children being taken care of by parents, seems to be creating a generation of youths that only want more and more. If they can not get what they want, they may take it any ways. With the number of youths carrying some type of weapon, and taking alchol and drugs creates an atmosphere of volativity. Mix this with well expected jealousies can create an atmosphere that can be dangerous for some falangs.

What makes it difficult for falangs is they feel things are a lot better in Thailand then they are in falangland. But in reality, we have to keep are guard up in both countries.

POLICE QUOTE

"They did not mean to murder him. They just tried to get money from him. But then they just had fighting. They just used boots, and then just hit his head. Something like that," he said.

They JUST kicked him in the head.... they JUST used boots...

Ha, thats ok then. ::

Archived