Royal Lanna in Chiang Mai?

steffi

Was at the Royal Lanna recently, got a walk in rate of 1200 baht. Rooms are ok, albeit spartan and worn. Place is professionally run and the location is ideal if you like to be right on the night market and all kinds of nice restaurants, internet cafes, and massage places. Can't comment on guest friendliness. I'm neutral on this hotel; seemed decent but there's probably better bang for the buck out there.

Chiang Rai has a hotel that is an absolute must if you are with a TG: www.redrosehotel.com. I mean you HAVE to see this place to believe it. Arrive at night when it is all lit up to like disneyland. You get to choose from theme rooms. They have many more than the web site lists; the one that blew me away is the Muay Thai theme with a boxing ring, ropes, gloves and all inside!!! The place is hilarious but very cool and chicks really dig it. You can get karaoke, sauna, and jacuzzi in some rooms and they deliver food & drinks to your room as needed. Would not recommend if you are alone. Prices vary all over the board based on ST, LT, and which style room.

I've stayed at the Royal Lanna several times over the last few years. The rooms are Spartan but clean, they are "guest friendly", and there is a semi-decent cable television system offering several stations in English. The included breakfast is your standard Thai buffet of fried eggs, bacon, sausage, a few Thai dishes, and pineapple... and the location is great. I usually have paid only 800 baht for the room

Archived