Discouraging Katoey pickpockets

quote:

Originally posted by Roger:

How do you say “touch me and I will save you the money on having your bollocks taken off”?

How about,

Ta nong ja jap pom, eek 10 wee nattee nong ja mai me kwoy reu kai.

If you grab me, in 10 seconds you wont have a dick or balls.

sorry BKphil but l dont agree with your opinion on this, l have seen it happen twice now, and before you could do anything about it, the katoey was in a taxi and gone.

Very fucking quick indeed, unsuspecting tourist, katoey walking along side of him while the hand is in the back pocket.

l think its fine for guys like us that maybe are aware of this pricks, but give some of the guys who dont know a bit of a chance by warning them.

Shamus

quote:

Originally posted by Arai wa:

The phrase I posted was:

Hahm Jiab - Don't touch - similar to

Yah Jiab - which also means don't touch but the former is much stronger (hahm = forbidden to)

Arai wa

Actually I thought Jiab meant chicken, so what you basically are saying means: Don`t be a chicken :-)

Mayby a: Mai Dtong Ma Yung would convey the message as well.

quote:

I suspect the folks that walk/stumble faster than a snails pace and look like they know where they are going probably don't get harassed much at all.

That probably helps. But a crime prevention technique taught in the US is to always look a potential attacker in the eye. Naking eye contact and letting them know you can easily identify them acts as a deterrent. I suspect many of the board members here may not want to look at Katoeys.

The phrase I posted was:

Hahm Jiab - Don't touch - similar to

Yah Jiab - which also means don't touch but the former is much stronger (hahm = forbidden to)

I remember this hahm word well from a former g/f who was always telling me:

Du dai - Hahm jiab!

when other pretty girls were in the vicinity!

You can look but don't touch!

Arai wa

Talking about gatoeis, did anyone see the gatoei fracas on Tuesday morning (about 2:00 am) on Sukumwit between sois 2 and 4? There were about 7 or 8 of them and I think they could possibly have just left Cassanovas, on their way home. Anyhow, there was a lot of screaming and shouting, scratching and hair pulling, with a couple wigs being pulled off in the melee. Don't know what the argument was about, but it was a sight to see.

[ September 05, 2001: Message edited by: Boo Radley ]

้่้้่่้้้่่

DON'T TOUCH = YAH (low) JIAB (low) = อย่าจับ

quote:

Actually I thought Jiab meant chicken, so what you basically are saying means: Don`t be a chicken :-)

Arai wa

[ September 06, 2001: Message edited by: Arai wa ]

In Adelaide, South Oz, I met a girl that tried to pick my back pocket unsuccessfully.

I was talking to an american taxi driver that was working there and he gave me a simple solution that has solved my problem so far.

Put your wallet in your front pocket.

Any guy will be more aware when someone reaches around the front.

Also when youe sit down with your wallet in your back pocket, the wallet gets pushed out slightly.

When you sit down with your wallet in your front pocket, the opening to the pocket closes off, meaning you almost have to stand up and dig deep to retrieve your wallet.

Another thing is never use a wallet with a money clip as everyone in the pub can see what you have in notes.

I would also suggest keeping big notes in your shoe but, in thailand, that is illigal as the kings image is on the notes.

Remember that. (yah lerm - don't forget)

So, if you do these things, only being mugged becomes a threat as a wallet in the front pocket produces a large bulge.

What do you do? Don't carry a wallet?

Then money can fall out of your pockets without you knowing, also you have to pull out a wad of notes for everyone to count.

It is a fact that in Thailand everything we do is being witnessed by someone as we are Farangs, that is we stand out like sore thumbs.

I think the best defense might be to be aware that you ARE being watched and you can only GUESS what people are thinking. Some people might say that I think to much but, as of yet I haven't been ripped off in Thailand.

Once I came here (to Bangkok) and I went into a bar in Patpong. Three girls got up and came over. Even though they had their tits out and a girl in front was popping ping pong balls, I watched their hands. With-in a minute, one of the girls sitting next to me was trying to get into my gear (bag).

I was talking to a Scottish guy here who told me that he got a blowie in a bar the night before. I noticed he was carying his passport in his top pocket. I suggested he move it elsewhere or it will be lifted. Then he told me that that happened two days after arriving.

Some people just don't care.

BE AWARE. It's not good to play ignorant to whats going on around you. Don't think that he/she is being nice because he/she likes you. He/she may have an agenda. What that agenda is, is up to you to find out. Then you can yaag fight, yaag flee or yaag fun wink.gif" border="0.

Just my humble opinion.

Archived