BKK Day 3 Floating Markets and NEP

asiafun

• 1 month later...

Great report. I made a similar trip a couple of years ago, though we headed out at 6am after a night on the drink plus some karaoke bar or other.. "Who cares about sleep.. Lets go to the floating market!"

We got a taxi, all 5 of us, in probably the oldest taxi in Bangkok. Spent the journey perched on one cheek, sardine'd between a BG and the door. I swear I had 'toyota' embossed on my other cheek by the time we got there. The three girls started pointing out 'Farang farms' as we passed them. Funny this was not, after the third or fourth time, mixed with hangover and sleep deprevation. :)

My mate was asleep in the front passenger seat for the duration.

Is the road finished yet? When I went there were 300 yard sections missing which the driver was seemingly oblivious to as we dropped or ascended in two foot chunks.

Still, the selection of photos I took added to the 'stuff to show mum and dad' collection, alongside a couple of Wats and a tuk tuk. The taxi driver even came with us around the Market and boat trip, and I have a smashing picture of me on a plate to bring back memories when I tuck into my cornflakes.

:)

Archived