Stag Do Friday, 13th Jan 2006 - CANCELLED

David_66_UK

As some of you may had read in another thread, I missed my connection to London, and therefore my Flight to Bangkok. :(

Earliest availability is Saturday Jan 14th - [color:"red"] so that is the Stag Do cancelled, at least for me [/color]

The problem I have is that unless I go with Etihad on the outward leg, that I also lose my return on 6 Feb.

Although I can change the return leg date (for a charge) I have already lost my return connection from London to home. But more importantly booking a new seat even for one way at short notice does not look like it will be cheap, especially with a new outward connection flight.

Unusually for me I already have some work lined up for beginning of Feb, which I would like to do, cos it has a good chance of being something regular (conveniantely on and off) for the next couple of years. The bugger is that it would be a minimum for 6 weeks (or so), so at best I am looking at an expensive 2 week trip (I wasn't too happy with "just" a month as it was).

I may therefore be just writing off me tickets and trip. £500 odd quid. Bugger. Especially if I can bring this contract forward.

Am looking forward (not!) to having my ear chewed later today :: :D

Well that's too bad and strange your airline can not reshedule you on the their next flight out of London invoking bad weather conditions.

Subsequentely I'll have to cancel my tickets to Bangkok also :cussing:

But hey, you'll make it some other day :elephant:

Just read your comment on Etihad, they are off my list now, I considered flying them because they fly to Brusssels, but that city is not listed on their shedule and they did not reply to an email I sent them, now being so nice to you they are out....

Also checked Travelocity, seems have seats available in 500-600 pounds price bracket return taxes incl departure today

Gotta call her soon so that she can paint the situation in a positive light to her family lest she lose "face"

I saw this happen a year ago with a friend and she caught alot of grief when they did not wed on time. Their misguided perception was that maybe he got cold feet because he felt she was not good enough. The rumor mill can be rough.

Cheers for the advice - appreciated, but, so much to say on this one, but for a change I won't.

I must confess I didn't find the cheap flights when I was looking - probably spent to much time trying to "rescue" the existing ones, in any event for one reason or another I spoke to the work folk yesterday and despite me being available somewhat earlier than planned they are keen to get me back for another contract - even if not quite sure what I will be doing - so really I am stuck with this now - and looks like I will be flying a desk on Monday rather than being off my face in Nana.

But I figure the sooner I get the work out of the way the sooner I can be on holiday again. (in 6 weeks / 3 months??)

The annoying thing is with all this is that ALL previous trips none of this would matter (apart from the money!), as I had no actual firm plans in Thailand (apart from the usual ::) and I never bothered lining any work up for my return on the basis that I was never sure when I was coming back home - so just going delaying my trip for a few weeks would just mean coming back later.

Maybe trying to do to much.

or

Buddha was trying to tell me something...........

Archived