Gee, is that all you have to do for the money?

Flashermac

very good info there flasherM - I take it you know from inside as a teacher yourself right?

last few days I've got many suggestions to apply as a teacher myself, but when inquiring about salary yes I got similar numbers as above & was speachless!

finally any info if teaching other subjects say electrical engineering could collect higher pay or those roles usually for thai nationals solely?

being with only bachelor & no teaching certificates, courses, experiences I never really considered those jobs, but I guess I could get one if I was willing to budge to substandard pay?

Given work permit requires europeans to earn at least 55k monthly I take it english teachers are exempted or get around it?

Cheers!

Oh can I apply for 2 jobs at once then - still part time obviously 30 odd hours weekly plenty of time still for preparations & taking care other biz? ;)

In which case income should be on the right side of 70k assuming some 10k allowances per job...

And your uni was located where again?

Guest lazyphil

<<Sukhothaithammathirat>>

thats a bloody mouthful of a university name to get your tounge around--i challenge the cream of the crop of bkk english teachers to say this after being on the lash with suadum all night, get it right and you deserve the job!

<< Disagree with this. >>

Then your school is an exception. What I said holds true for govmt unies and rachapats.

Private unies tend to reward you slightly. e.g. A friend at the UTCC told me the pay is 27,000 for a BA, 33,500 for an MA and 35,000 for a PhD. But he also told me the unie prefers to hire BA insructors and save money. :(

p.s. Govmt unie teaching hours generally are only 12 hours a week, but it takes maybe that much time for preparation too. (A full teaching load for the Thai ajarns is only 9 hours a week. Plus they tend to teach the lowest level courses, which have the material already prepared for them!)

Archived