amphur visit

paul101

From going into the UK embassy for the freedom to marry form to getting married certs took just 24 hours, pretty fast I think. Just made it to the embassy before three on thursday only to be told form not quite right so have to rush down the road for a 100 baht re type, don't follow the tout who gets 100 baht commission. Back to be let in late only to see a horrible site, young brit with no shirt or shoes clearly out of his head at the counter telling the officials he loved them during the conducting of business, getting some money transfered by the sound of it. FTM form 2600+ baht which you pick up the next day.

Took this to the 'old man' at original translation service on phleornchit who is heavily recommended on thailand-uk.com for 300 baht translation and stamp. Previous you could then go to pragknong amphure to register marriage but due to abuse by the 'chinese' there has been a crackdown with people being moved from that office, so now you have to go all the way out to laski for a three hour wait while they put another stamp on the from. Even offering extra payment in the right way no longer gets you from the ministry visit. At the ministry, a 250 baht taxi ride away you can pay 400 baht for yet another stamp and go back in three days to pick it up or pay 800 for afternoon delivery, most people do it the same day as it would actually cost more the slow way.

There is an amphur just up the raod from the ministry office in laski and if you get there before three they will do you the same day. Unfortunately the much recommended old twat who did the translation made a big mistake which was not noticed by the misinstry, just shows how much they don't even read it. But it was noticed by the registrar at the amphur who nearly sent us back to square one. She's on a nice little earner as requires payment for 'translation'. This consists of just asking the questions again on the original form in front of her and writing them down on another form, could have understood them in thai. Only gave her 100 baht but some were giving a lot more, bloody racket.

The old mans assistant/wife offered to do the ministry visit for us if we paid her 8,000 baht, the nerve of it, do it yourself for 1300 including taxi.

That was that only to be followed by 2 hours of non talking wife who was annoyed I wanted her to keep her real name, took her to gullivers but could not stay with her in that state, what a day.

• 2 weeks later...

Same with me and the wife, all done in 24 hours, married at Bangrak, Amphur guy was excellent he actually amended the forms in a couple of places.

Used the wroldwide translation service on Phoenchit fifth floor, great service. Thai Uk website can be ok, but is dominated by a couple of guys, take their advice carefully. ;)

Congrats Paul

Ckrisg said:

Thai Uk website can be ok, but is dominated by a couple of guys, take their advice carefully. ;)

Congrats Paul

More like 3-4 guys I would say that ruin it for others, some rather unpleasant posters. The mrs is still unhappy I wanted her to keep her thai name, I don't see the need for a change. She tried to argue thais do not do it but at the next table at the amphur the girl wanted to keep hers but the guy insisted that she take his name. Mrs rang up to try and change it but no go, they did say though that it is easier to get a divorce if no name change ::

Archived