Open Ended Return Plane Tickets??

Is it possible to buy an open ended return airfare ticket, flying from u.k and (hopefully) back again!

Not sure how long I want to stay, might be one week or two months!

Can anyone provide a link to some websites?

Or do I have to go to high street travel agent?

Many thanks

as Shygye says check with the Airline what costs might be incurred.

twice i have missed my Return Flight Home and just re-booked my Return for a couple of Days later.

no cost to me at all and very good Service.

this was with Thai,but i don't know what Policies other Airlines have.

good luck............

Check as to how long the ticket will be valid for.

I got burned in early 2005 as the ticket was valid for only three months (United Air).

There was no montion of this on the ticket, United website, paperwork, nothing.

Usually my tickets have been good for one year!

I bitched, to no avail. I printed out the terms/conditions from the United website, nothing, throw the ticket in the garbage.

This was here in BKK.

I finally snail-mailed a letter with all the data and they gave me 5,000 air miles as compensatation. Not much but something.

I fly at least 50K with Star Alliance (United) every year for the past 20 years (?), still they would not validate the ticket, so ticket in the garbage, done!

Mai pen lai.

Thanks guys

British Airways have a sale at the moment. £449 return, economy class, although this is a rigid retrun date and cannot be changed.

An open ended 12 month ticket is about £1200.

A ticket where the return date can be changed for a £75 fee is £690 return.

Will I be ok. with British Airways? The £449 deal seems like a bargain for a 30 day holiday? See you all in June!

£499 is a good price on BA, dispite what some may say it's a quality airline, cabin staff can be geriatric at times :o I would have thought June was aproaching high season, are you sure the discounted fare is valid then? Take a look on teletext, I've found a lot of good value fares there.

China Air has these tickets!

For around 1500 you can fly Biz class on an open ended ticket! Haven't flown with China air in over a year but appart from their rep it's not bad!

Jep_dii

Ben, firstly i would say for future reference you should have gone on Qantas rather than BA, far better IMHO. Plus not sure who you booked with but you should have been able to change the return date after departure. I was looking at those discounted fares for may and the site i looked at said change after departure was ok. I was on one of the heavily discounted Qantas fares last year, when they had a 4 day sale. (although that was a bit nearer the time) I got Qantas for £313 including tax. (BA was the same sort of price) booked with Trailfinders. And i did change my return date when i was in BKK and this was free of charge and no problem.

Simie.

Archived