non-Thai birth certificate

Zaad

None at all, as already explained in a PM, the only worhtwhile registration you can do for your children is in Den Haag. Than they're officialy registered in Holland and as Dutchies.

The Embassy in BKK doesn't do anything more than file the information you give them. That's my understanding, the Dutch Embassy strangely enough doesn't have a registration policy at all. They don't seem to care.

The information on file is used for instacne when there's a catastrophy nad they will notify you that their advice is to leave Thailand but on your own expenses.

This in stark contrast to the 8-tees when I lived in West Berlin and one had to register with the Dutch Embassy or whatever it was they had in Berlin.

For Canada, the thai birth cert if translated into English/French and then the baby applies for citizenship and it granted if one parent is canadian. The process takes 9 months. But the baby can get a one year passport if proof of travel is provided. A one year passport takes 10 days

It would be foolish not to get the baby dutch citizenship. Holland has one of the best education systems in teh world and the baby definately would want access to it in the future. !!

• 2 weeks later...

Update.. No Dutch certificate for the little one.

You were right Limbo, the Dutch embassy doesn't issue these anymore.

Strangely enough they do not mention this on their website. It clearly states they do. I even called them to inquire and confirm the needed docs etc. since you believed otherwise, but the Dutchie on the phone never mentioned that one needs to register in The Hague only. Bastards!

I wasted a fine morning to find that out, they should have told me.

So I guess hoping to read updated info on a website and getting accurate info over the phone is too much to ask for? crap!

TITDEIT

(this-is-the-dutch-embassy-in-thailand) :)

Archived