Joiners Fee (explanation please)?

Solomick

This may sound a bit thick for a guy who has been coming too BKK for 4 years but I have never heard or come across this "joiners fee" that is mentioned in other threads I have been reading.

All the hotels I have stay in never asked.

What are you joining?

An explanation please ::

Cheers

FYI - you can always find decent hotels in most cities that do not charge a joiner fee. Just takes a bit of digging; I usually search the board here, or use the hotel reviews by guests at Sawadee.com. You'll usually get someone who mentions if the hotel had a joiner fee or not.

monkey39

Quite a few hotels, especially those outside of the sanuk areas, will charge a "joiner" fee regardless of whether you book a single or a double; if your companion is not a registerd guest, you pay. This is generally done by hotels that would prefer not to have customers bringing in prostitutes.

I have also found this to be true of many online bookings and bookings made thru the hotel booking desk at the airport.

In Pattaya, The Siam Bayshore Hotel at the Pier end of Walking St. charges a B1100 joiner fee and will pointedly suggest, as they did to an aquaintance of mine, that perhaps he would be happier at a different hotel. They said they would be glad to help him with his re-booking. They were also not at all hesitant to inform him that his "guest" would NOT be welcome at the breakfast buffet in the morning.

Archived