Formula 1 Season 2006

Mentors

:wave:,

"Ferrari?s Michael Schumacher was the comfortable leader as the first test session of 2006 got underway at Jerez on Tuesday. Schumacher, at the wheel of a V8-powered F2004, lapped the Spanish circuit more than a second faster than his nearest challenger, Toyota?s Ricardo Zonta."

"Tuesday saw Renault?s first day of testing with the car in which Fernando Alonso and Giancarlo Fisichella will defend the team?s drivers? and constructors? titles."

Fisichella managed more than 40 laps. "We had a very promising first day with the R26,? he said.

Fisichella continues testing the R26 at Jerez on Wednesday before handing the car over to Alonso for Thursday's and Friday's sessions."

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What????????????????? Spa is one of the few decent tracks left!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Get a grip. And before you ask, yes, I have been there in the rain. Its just as miserable as Hockenheim and Silverstone in the rain.

My greatest grips is that the Autosport web sit has gone full subscription access only - bastards! :(

The BBC, SKY, newspaper sites are ok but Autosport was the bees knees for info.

If Formula 1 does not run at Spa ,

then the race track is probably history,

And in this day getting permission to build a new track anywhere is close to impossible ,

Tracks are needed for more than race weekend , Testing days and other "lower" classes need a place to run too.

So "Save Spa"

OC

Ultra, OC,

I too have been to most major tracks in Europe, thats not the point.......

Point is that Bernie Ecclestone managed to sign a great contract with rotten and corrupt wallonian politicians !

And 'they' cant get out of the contract at all without bleeding a huge amount of compensations........

So yes, probably Spa-Francorchamps will still exist for the next 5 years, despite the F1 being boring as hell..... :(

BB

Archived