Thai mothers

sinsin2

Khun Sanuk,

Traditionally in most areas in Thailand the land got inherited in the maternal line and sons moved in with the wife's family, but these traditions like many others changed a lot. In the more far away villages or the traditional families it still is the same.

Customs of the urban middle class / upper class and poor villagers can differ a lot, sometimes like two completely different countries.

You asked how many families have daughters in the flesh trade. My guess is almost all in the villages. In my wife's village they go down to the Malaysian border, only the katoey are in the western oriented prostitution, most in Phuket.

Very sad.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In my ex GF's Lampang village, when her sister married, the brother in law moved in with the family. When her brother married, the sister in law moved in with the family, too. But since there was no room left in the house, they built a small house out back for them to live in. I think that it is traditional to have the husband move in with the wife's family, but the sister in law's family had a shabby, smaller house and her parents weren't so JAI DEE so they just went against tradition.

Archived