Leg room in the Isle please......

Kiwi

A night mist holds the early evening in it's clutches as the night lights pop on around the harbor.The hazy picture paints a scene reminiscent of the one Bogart movie where the camera catches his (B) eye and he walks along the board walk and flicks the fag into the still waters of the bay and waits in the shadow for .....well whatever. The small group of regular mates have just walked from the local harbor pub,after waiting for the late afternoon showers to pass......now as that took slightly longer than expected,we tipped a few too many lagers.Now when the effects of the 5% 'ers take charge, the conversation moved onto travels and this is where yours faithfully entered the conversation.........in ten days I fly from the shores of this Indian Ocean Continent and (after a week in NZ) punish myself on five weeks of LOS magic once again.

Third visit over five years........AND I STILL RECALL ......

Walking the Soi's late evening and sampling the BBQ whilst sipping on a cold Heineken.Absorbing the atmosphere of NEP for the first time,whilst in the grasp of the Thai lass I had met at the Golden Beer Bar.

Resting the weary bones in a large bath (in

Mona Lisa) as the girl slowly placed her warmth over me...and embraced the desire held over the last week.Catching up on local news with a jovial Brit. whose love of the lasses captivated me for long hours.....twas him of the same night who dragged this fella into pub after pub after pub until the after came before the pub.Meeting up with a fello Kiwi in Phuket and pulling the AB's apart after the '99 RWC.....and finding time to catch up with the conversation of the Bar Lass who eventually convinced us to take in a night on one of the Islands off the south coast......plus the two gals who taught us to

dring ales whilst in the waters of the Andaman (sp)............well this conversation ended and the fella (he who calls himself my buddie),heading off to the homestead to convince the rugby lads to join us in LOS.

Now whatever.......I look forward to the nights in August/Sept and the chance of meeting with one or two of the Forum members

and the chance to see that Thai Lass who said I was the one for her (perhaps she only meant for the night ....but whatever it all felt great at the time)....and I loved the

bird's bod!!

See ya all there guys,for those of you in Woodies on those Fridays or those of you walking the Soi's in Bangkok....look out for

the guy with LOS LOVE IN HIS eyes.

Cheers ,

Mike the Kiwi.

Archived