Need Some Input from the more exprienced

quote:

Originally posted by richyrich:

[QB]

A few questions:

Why would a BG spend two weeks with a man and not demand money?

Why did she not raid the account when she had a chance?

Are the BG’s that work the beer gardens any different than the girls who work the dance bars?

[QB]

First off, I'm with Jimmie and Snakehead on much of this but I've read your responses to them and I think they were probably what you wanted to hear anyway. If you weren't concerned and you wanted to walk away, then you wouldn't be posting here anyway.

Some attempts at answers to the questions above:

After a couple of weeks the girl probably felt that she could trust her judgement and that you would come through with the goodies in some form anyway. She wants a boyfriend and therefore needs to maintain that kind of atmosphere/illusion - presenting you with a bill for the 2 weeks wouldn't really help her in this quest, would it? Call it a calculated risk, which seems to have paid off.

Were you impressed that she hadn't touched the money? Obviously you were, she did exactly what you hoped she would, at a guess. I am sure that you know that the Thai girls have a legendary ability to say what they think you want to hear at just the right time, to push all the right buttons. You said that she has other forms of income. Leaving your money in the pot to collect 'interest'/brownie points would seem a risk-free investment - she may not have bargained on you nicking it back off her!!

No, they are ALL different! However, I find it much easier to understand the attitude of someone who wants to retain control of her life, work when she wants, with who she wants and who doesn't fancy spending hours every night showing her body to strangers and trying to look enthusiastic while shuffling about to alien music.

Assuming the girl is ready to leave the business, she needs to keep as many plates spinning as possible. She may well be telling all those other guys on Hotmail the same thing but that doesn't mean that she cares about you any less than she says. Why should she trust you to be the one who is going to stick to his word and come back to her in a few months? How many times has she heard that before?

What you need to consider is the fact that one of the others may well be ready to commit himself to something serious and, no matter that she really does love you or whatever, the reality is that she needs to take whatever opportunities present themselves TODAY. If you are serious about her and want to do something about it, she needs to know that, one way or another.

Good luck!

LG

Richyrich -- Yes, it certainly can be an emotional rollercoaster in LOS, especially when you find someone that you really do like and it seems (?) she likes you as well.

So hard to figure out how to make sense of it all. How to do the right thing. How to keep youself from being hurt, taken, screwed, embarassed, frustrated, pissed off. Not an easy task, especially when you're 5000 miles away from ground zero.

Maybe she really does like you better than everyone else. Wouldn't that be great? As long as you can be careful with your emotions and your money, why not just play it that way? The reality is that if any relationship like this is ever going to work those involved have to be "adults" (emotionally detatched?) about it. You have sex when you're not together and so does she. What she wants to do with her time and her body is really up to her and you either have to accept it or forget about it and give it up.

What you'll have to figure out is what is acceptable to you. If you need a physical and emotional commitment right off the bat, well, I just don't think it's going to work with any girl that you'll meet in a Bangkok beer bar. It's will always be a difficult situation to get emotionally involved with a woman that you have to share, at least when you first meet, not mention all the bad habits she may have picked up along the way. But on the other hand, it sure is hard to avoid. Good luck and I hope it all works out for both of you.

Thank you all for responses. They have really cleared my head, and the situation has stabilized a bit. Although I make frequent trips to BKK the most I had to think about a BG was how to get her out of my place before the maid showed up. This situation really caught me off guard.

A little update: First she claims that she never even new that I withdrew the money, she stresses that the money is not what it is all about. " All I want is for you to be my boyfriend and want future with only you."

She claims that she has stopped working the bar since our falling out, and that she is currently looking for a job as a cafe singer. Apparently she did this prior to working the bar, there was some discussion among her friends about getting the group back together when I first met her. I might add that she does have a lovely voice, boy I love those Thai love songs.

What is interesting is that she knows that I know enough people in BKK to find out what is really happening, but to this point I have not checked around, really don't care at this point since I've decided to slow the situation and maintain myself until October.

So I go with the advice given on this board.

Be skeptical on any thing she says, after all she may just be saying what I want to hear.

Don't support her while I'm away, if she does have feelings she will maintain. (BTW: she notified me that she is withdrawing the money, I will not be sending any more. She said she needed it since she has not worked for a while, and she has bills to pay.)

Don't be to impressed with her claim that it is not about the money, She may be trying to score "brownie points".

If I do plan on getting involved, verify that she is out of the business, and doing someting more respectable.

And last but certainly not least, have a good time with her on my next trip, and **** her brains out and live the fantasy while I'm with her.

Did I miss anything?

Thanks again guys, I really do appreciate all the great advice.

Respectfully,

RichyRich

richyrich

Interesting story. Don't waste anymore time thinking about it. You where crazy senting up an account in the first place, would you send money to a Pro back in the States? Next time your here take 'Stickman's advice and never take the same lady twice.

Hector

Archived