out of the loop, p2p-wise

gomez

I can only second the recommendation for Utorrent. I'm using it right now to download DVD's. Not 700 MB avi-files, but real 4,3 GB image-files and it works great.

One thing you should be aware of is that the best and fastest dovnloads most often are found on sites that require registration or possibly and invite. They will keep track of your "dovnload / upload ratio". Normally you would be expected to upload equally as much as you download. This is a problem for some (me). For instance I recently downloaded "Jarhead". It took about 20 hours to download 4,3 GB which is fairly good. Now i'm seeding it, but it is painfully slow since so many others are seeding as well to get a better ratio.

About Kazaa: Never use the original Kazaa. Always use Kazaa lite as it is free from ad- and spyware.

Moo

gummigut said:

Azureus:

Yeah, a lot has to do with the configuration.

Especially the DB tracker plug in.

My server is an AMD 850 mhz slightly overclocked and I'm pretty happy with the speed.

But ya gotta disable the DB plug in.

<<burp>>

Gummi,

Why is disabling the DB tracker so important and what does the DB tracker actually do?

kamui said:

As expat already said: If you run an old computer uninstall Azureus and switch to Utorrent. I recommended Azureus since otheres here on the board wrote very positive about it, but it may cause problems on older systems. On my old AMD 1.333 it does not run well since it eats up all of my system resources while Utorrent runs very smooth. Additionally Utorrent has a very good auto-update function and you don't need to check frequently if there are new releases of Utorrent available...

I'm Azereus user ... but now testing utorrent. It's pretty good!! Thanks.

Archived