RE: gifts for bar girls

I am coming to BKK first time.

I saw the postings that giving bikinis/etc.

can reap many benefits.

My question is:

What size should I bring?

I know most of these girls are small.

Would I buy a size 0 (zero) or size 1 women's (U.S.)? Or would I look for clothes for 15 year olds here?

My ex wife was about 5'3" and 100 pounds and wore a size 1. She might even be LARGE compared to Thai girls!

Be aware, make sure you don't bring white T-shirts. Most of the girls have dark skin (not something Thais adore) and white things when worn just add an extra accent to it. Red, black or purple or so should be fine. Another thing they may like is if there is an interesting print on the t-shirt that glowes under disco lights.

Another note: sleeveless and belly revealing t-shirts are in high demand. Unfortunatelly, that's exactly what tells the rest of Thais the wearer is a bar-girl.

[ January 08, 2002: Message edited by: Lazaro ]

In my experience they like clothes which are obviously from outside Thailand, so they can 'Stand out' in a crowd. Dark colours are better as they dont show the dirt so much, and yes, they avoid the sun like the plague.

some are, surprisingly, given the 'Day' job, quite shy, so bare that in mind.

Good call on the white T's, never really thought about that... Have brought a few white T's for one of the girls but she's quite fair skinned for a TG so it worked out for her, but the others...ooh, could be a problem laugh.gif" border="0 Better stick with the darker shades!!!

Nakbin

Hi Jay,

Know more than a few BG’s and often bring a quality “T-shirt” for the closest of them. I’ve almost always picked them up in small sizes and haven’t had any fit problems yet… Most of the girls I frequent (hehehe wink.gif" border="0 ) weigh in at 85 – 95 lbs. and stand a little over 4’ 10”; maybe 5’, so size small is the way to go. There are some larger framed girls as well, but small (petit) is pretty common, probably more common. Haven’t brought any bikinis over there yet, not sure how well that will go over… Most TG’s I’ve met avoid the sun like some kind of plague. Dark skin is often not favorable from what I’ve heard, that’s why I stick to T-shirts… They’re also cheaper!!! Hard Rock Chic T’s seem pretty popular (and look great on a petit frame), as are any of the Hawaii type shirts I find here at home (HIC, T&C, Local Motion, etc.)… So far no complaints!!! laugh.gif" border="0

HTH,

Nakbin

I agree with Khun nakbin.. I bring Local Motion, QuickSilver, T&C type shirts.. The TG's like them because it's "western" and stands out... I guess...

As far as sizes.. I always pack some Smalls and a few XS's.. just in case...

I don't spend a fortune on these things.. I usually go to Ala Moana (or your local shopping establishment) and buy them when there is a close-out sale or similar...

I pack about 10 or 12 shirts total.. Sometimes it plays to give the girl two.. one for her, one for her friend/sister... LOL

Just my two sataangs worth..

--UPSer laugh.gif" border="0

quote:

Originally posted by Jay:

[QB]I am coming to BKK first time.

QB]

If you are coming for the first time, then why the need to buy any gifts?. Forgive me if I am mistaken but you haven't even met any of the girls yet. Surely you would only consider bringing gifts to someone you care about.....

They will be more tham pleased with a crisp 1000 baht note after you have finished your transaction.

Cheers.

(not meant as a flame, just an observation)

[ September 09, 2001: Message edited by: Roger ]

quote:

Originally posted by elfman36:

That's very interesting! I'm coming to BKK for the first time and didn't really know this type of "etiquette". So, it's your opinion for a newbie to just enjoy the ride and wait till the 2nd or 3rd trip to start giving gifts of any kind?

Thanks,

elfman

If you are the type of person who gives gifts to anyone, hooker or not, then its up to you. I personally would wait to meet someone "special" who you really want to please, then you will also know what type of gift they would appreciate.

I would think that if you don't "know" the girl then you also don'know if you can trust the girl.Alot of these girls would sell anything they are given for hard cash, now if thats what you want then go ahead...otherwise give money.

A suitable gift would be far more appretiated at one of Bangkoks many orphanages.

Cheers

Archived