paternity suits in US courts - is this true?

-.-.-

"So if he returns to Thailand police can take him to court and the judge will order a DNA-test and take his passport until he pledged big money."

Wow - has this actually happened?

As for a suite in a U.S. court: If there is no international agreement or treaty, then no U.S. court would have jurisdiction. Yes, I know this has not stopped the U.S. congress from creating extraterritorial laws, but AFIK, none exists on this subject.

himitsu, please post here as you get more informaion. This is interesting, to say the least.

BTW, good research, LingNoi!

there used to be a "nazi" group for men: ADAM (in the USA)

I was in contact with them during my 1st divorce and they helped a lot!

Not sure if they are still around but they put you in contact with a lawyer that was pro-male, which made a HUGE difference!

So, hopefully, there is some group to counteract the feminazi group.

Isn't there a group 'The Law Society of Thailand" that does free lawyer services? What about if the girl got a lawyer and filed charges with the Thai police for non-support and then took this to the US Embassy? Just wondering what exactly Thai women could do if there was a real case of abandonment of a Thai woman and her kids from a farang that just takes off back to the west. (But, from what I have seen here in the LOS, there's a lot of this going on just in Thai/Thai family relationships as well.)

Cent

She is a very smart girl. Not a bar girl and has some business experience.

He is blissfully ignorant and cheap to the extreme.

Main reason for being with this girl is that it was cheaper- in his own words- than pulling from bars.

If ever there were two selfish and completely self-absorbed people who should not have a child together they are it.

The child will suffer- no question.

Nobody in this small falang cirlce was willing to help him as he wanted to force her to have an abortion. Not help her have an abortion- FORCE HER.

She has already filed at least one police report against him alleging beating long before she was pregnant. To be fair to him I think she set him up as the physical damage she claimed to the apt was from her. To be fair to her he was a stupid shit to hang around to this point.

Now that he has to hang around, at least financially, this will be interesting.

She feels that she is looking at a near expat life style now in BKK with international schools on the horizon.

An alternative is living in the US.

Of course he is going to pay for all this.

She is quite clear about how this will go and I am frankly amazed.

Apparently there are groups that help women in this situation when an American man abandons or refuses to accept that a achild is his.

Having never heard of this I asked the smartest group of guys I know when it comes to BKK life.

Lots of good info above but nobody has named a group doing this.

I can't either.

Beats me where she is getting this but it is all so precise it is scary.

vegasdave49 -

"This fellow sounds like a real prince. More concerned about his lifesyle of travel rather than his responsibilty to provide a decent life for his child"

You said it very politely. The guy absolutely does not give a shit about HIS child. Very sad......

Stickman-

"Overall, this is a very difficult situation and one in which I think no-one will be happy."

The child will suffer the most for sure unless some major changes in priority. If I had to choose a couple that I would vote for most likely to raise a serial killer these two might be it....

LingNoi-

You may be the first to confirm that there is actual money being spent on going after fathers who abandon children. Whether that is government, NGO, church money, etc. nobody seems to know for sure.

BKKTrav,

Yes, if the child's birth is registered with the US Embassy. Then the father should also get the baby a US passport right off as well. SS would then be paid (I believe it is half of the rate the father would have gotten? Might be wrong.) to the child until they have reached college age (18), and if in university then I think it is until the age of 25 or when they graduate college. I know, vague answer but I read about this a few years back. But it does all depend if the father registers the birth with the embassy.

Cent

Archived