Royal sighting suk soi 11

BadaBing

Soi'm comming out of the German Beer House on suk soi 11 , across from the GP about 2030 on this past monday night. With a few friends , and as i'm about to find a way to cross the soi , the GF grabs my arm , pulls me back , and points to the coppers holding up traffic in both directions right there.

Me thinking it was for BadaBing to have a safe crossing , turns out a motorcade of about 11 cars were entering the alley leading towards tower 3 of the GP. Then i noticed some of the cars were not the typical MiB mobiles. The GF advises it was someone from the Royal Family.

Doubt they were having dinner at the German Beer House or staying in tower 3 of the GP. Best guess , private party a the new Thai restuarant that just opened across from the GP. Cant remember the name of it , Carazi ?? , anyway , looks nice from the outside , maybe a " trendy " new place. Anyway , i'm just happy I wasnt " road kill " ::

Bada :: Bing

In Samui I once was in the same Swensen as the oldest daughter.

Loads of Thais were at the opposite side of the raod staring and nobody else in Swensen, so we went in and ordered.

She was clearly 'incognito' since she was wearing casual clothes. Interesting to see when she left how swiflty this was executed with a mini bus in front etc.

Another encounter with Royals was in Koh Samet during my first trip to Thailand many moons ago.

I was stying at the beach where the island is the smallest/narrowest, just 2 or 3 hundred meters to walk from one side to the other. Very basic resort with electricity only during daytime (very strange indeed I got diarhea there!)

I was snorkeling at the rocky side of the island and upon returning to shore there was a military guy standing there with a machine gun. Holy smoking sh1t, I thought, what did I do wrong, is there a razzia and more of these cheerfull thoughts went through my head.

Very cautious and very carefully I exited the water, it was very narrow the exit and the guy was about a meter or two away from me at the most, and walked back to my bungalow.

The whole beach side was secluded and guards with machine guns everywhere.

Turned out it was one of the Princess' on a days out.

This usually happens about once per month

Cant really say I've seen the Taksin there before

Last time I saw the MIB etc was early Jan 06

Quite a number of very attractive TG's as part of the onterage

IMO Limonchello is not very good and overpriced

Better option Vizenza further down suk 11 before you get to the Bed Disco/club.

Take care

Arkutha

happens often in mid Suk! one of HM's daughter frequents regularly one of the nearby restaurants; one of HM's sister's favourite restaurant is pretty close; one of the Crown Prince is often spotted in one Beauty Parlor and one of the Royal person Flash mentioned lives in this area.

Bangkok is just a small town!

After hearing all these incredible royal treatment for a poor third world country royals, i feel a little pity for our king Gustaf. He always in a car with maybe a driver and a bodyguard and goes out to shopping and restaurants and try to wave and say hi to people. But most young guys ignore him. King Gustaf is really nice guy, he shaked my hands one time and said hello to me in a open air market in Stockholm a few years ago.

I remember back about 30 years ago when the crowds greeting HM's arrival in Chiang Mai were startled to see the King driving his own limousine. Seems he got tired of sitting in the back, told the driver to stop and move over, and drove most of the way to Chiang Mai himself!

Another time, after a serious dry spell ended with heavy rains, my students told me the King made it rain. "Yeah, right," I thought. Then I looked at the newspapers. HM had flown the plane that seeded the clouds.

Live and learn ...

Archived