1am closing again ! (Pattaya)

BuffHello

That used to be the case, but Tony's has improved a lot in that respect. Last time I was in there I stayed half an hour and didn't get around to buying a drink.

Like you I prefer Lucifers, but I've always found the quality of girls slightly better in Tony's.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

those social order crackdowns have only made it to the first page of your personal agenda but never to the first page of the thai media!
Actually, they were quite prominent in the Thai media. Even a few weeks back iTV did an expose with a hidden camera on the gay scene on Silom. It was a prime time feature. I know because I was at dinner with some of the people from work, and they weren't about the change the channel. Made me a bit worried that iTV will pull the same stunt in NEP or Soi Cowboy.

But I agree that this type of news is less prominent than before when it did regularly make the news (there was a time). I also suspect that a new New Social Order stunt along these lines is unlikely to deflect criticism of the current government, but that doesn't mean they won't try. I do believe it was all a publicity stunt; look at what has (or rather, hasn't) accomplished.

As for my own personal agenda, I don't own a bar and have no financial interest in the p4p scene (if you can find a single post here that suggest otherwise, please show me). And I will freely admit, and have, that I don't like the New Social Order because, among many reasons, it dampens the sanuk factor, limits my freedom while accomplishing nothing (are there less bars than before?), actually creates bigger problems (the bedlam which is Sukhumvit late at night), interferes with the type of bars I like (late night discos along the lines of Q Bar) and diverts attention from real social problems. The policy is bad for so many reasons, and yes, some of them are based on my own tastes and preferences. So what? It doesn't make the policy any better.

Anyone know what the current situation is? Any indication of what it will be later this week. I ask because I have a group of friends (about 4 guys coming into town), and if there is still a crackdown in Pattaya, I will let them know so they can decide they want to go there or elsehwere.

GF:

Well its too soon to say since it is only 130pm sunday here in PTY. The bkk boys cracked down friday and saturday night just as the OP said they would. So the go go girls all stopped dancing around 1am. Of course the bars didn't really close and i didn't quit until 7am this morning (sunday morning).

Both nights the BKK plain clothes cops were hanging around the katoey bar at the Marine disco stairway. Wonder why they chose that spot??? Anyway, the katoey bar did not close even while the cops were standing right there. Just cut the music. Not that i was hanging round there...

I just got back from pattaya, saturday night was the last one i spent on walking street and it was packed still after 3am. I gave up on trying to get into a disco as you couldnt move, the crowd was that thick. Partied to 3 and 5am about every night i was there.

Archived