Dream World

limbo

When visiting Dream World, is it one fee for all attractions?

Dual pricing?

They offer online ;

One Entry with Re-riding, Snow Town, Buffet Lunch include Round Trips Transfer from any hotel whitin Bangkok. Only THB. 1,000

Is this a good deal or better off going on my own?

Does snow world require warm clothes?

Any input is appreciated.

It's been a year so the details are a bit fuzzy but; go not on weekends, long lines at every venue. Snow world provides coats and boots. I'm not an affectionado of thrill rides but the one's there didn't look that great.

You can get an all inclusive admission for a ridicuiously high price which I regretably did, they really push it on farangs making it seem like there no other options. It was really a waste of money as I went on only a few rides. Better to pay for individual rides unless you are a real addict. The lines were a factor; perhaps if I were there on a weekday it would have been worth it.

If you go by taxi, close to B250 from Suk. area. There is a taxi mafia for the return. Waiting cabs demand B400 for going back.

No disneyland; not even close. In the US, it would just be an ordinary local theme park but that said, most kids will enjoy it. Food and refreshments onsite wern't overly expensive, I was surprised that they didn't gouge their captive audience like Disney and others do.

Extreme double pricing, that is why the prices for admission for the locals is written in Thai script. If you really want to go, just pay for admission through the gate, and then pay for any additional rides you may want to try.

Dream World is mainly rides IMO not worth the hassle. Best way to do it would be through a tour, that way admission etc is rolled into the cost of the tour.

One place I prefer is the Safari World, out near Minburi. They have many shows, the place itself is pleasant enough to walk around, and they have a ride or two. Can't remember if there's double pricing, I used to get the membership for a year with unlimited entry. Lots of attractions, definitely a full day can be spent there. You can go with a tour, but they also have transport from the Fashion Island shopping center on Ramintra Road if you want to go on your own.

http://www.safariworld.com/

Siam Park is a little further up the road if you prefer rides, it's a lot cheaper than DW but the rides are quite run-down.

There does seem to be something being built opposite Fashion Island (Km 10 Ramintra) that looks like a rollercoaster-type thing. Probably to replace the Dan dynomit that closed down a couple of years ago.

Hi,

That online deal seems good when you include the transfer fee, getting there by taxi is easy enough but when leaving its a problem to get any meter to work.

They do give warm jackets when you enter snow world, its cold but bearable so long as you don't wear shorts as I did :snowcool:

JP

• 2 weeks later...

Actually as someone else already said, the transfer is a good deal. To have a ride waiting for you after is a blessing. Went there with LongGun and our families last year or so and had a great time really. Much fun, many easy rides, the water rides/flume, etc. Didn't care for Snow World myself. Fucking cold in there! :: But trying to get the hell out of DreamWorld at the end of the day was a true pain in the ass. Very crowded (I think we were there on a weekend) and to have a taxi/ride waiting for us would have been a godsend by that time. Sounds like a deal to me. Hope you have/had fun there. We all did.

Cent

Archived