Flights from India to Thailand

monkey39

Hey, anyone know any websites or other sources with good prices on flights from India to Bangkok? My company is flying me to Hyderabad, India in April for some business, and I wanted to take a side trip to Bangkok during this time, but I'll have to book my own flight for this. Any help would be much appreciated!

Sawadee khap/Namaste!

monkey39

I once flew Drukair (a budget airline based in Bhutan) from Calcutta to Bangkok and looking at the airlines website, they still seem to offer that route. If you don't mind the train trip from Hyderabad, it's one of the least costly ways of making the trip (economy rt. $325 (14300 rupees))

http://www.drukair.com.bt/fare.htm

Otherwise check out the major airlines (try out different cities/dates) using Yahoo Travel

http://travel.yahoo.com/

These are just rough estimates in April so don't hold me to it but Delhi seems the cheapest option at around $450 and Madras would be more convenient at $550. Hyderabad @$800 is not worth it IMHO (unless time is of the essence). I love the overnight trains in India (2nd class) - quite an experience living like the natives although in April it may be a wee bit warm so perhaps the more civil 1st class aircon is better.

Hope this helps.

was in Hyderabad in january. there is a direct flight to bangkok from Hyderabad and if i recall right it is either air india or india air (one of the 2 national carriers). they are not as bad as their reputation as they recently got competiton by several private airlines and had to improve.

of course Delhi, Mumbai, Bangalore and Kolkatta (calcutta) have much more international flights. there is a 2tier pricing for domestic routes in India and for foreigners domestid flights are NOT cheap. train i would only recommend if you have time and are adventerous!

Hi,

I live in India now, on thge east coast, 700 km from Hyderabad. I travel often to BKK and the cheapest flts. are from Calcutta. TG & Indian Airlines (IC). I pay around USD 300 by TG.

IC has flts., from HYD., also, check on them. If you have time, check with SQ & Sri Lank air, they have offers but you need to go through SIN or Colombo. The domestic travel has become really cheap with many private airlines and you can now get a ticket from Hyd to Cal for less than USD 60.

Let me know when you are in HYD., I go quite often every week as I have JV with the AP State government on a tourism project. PM me if you need more info.

cheers

vinod

hi Vinod

would be interested how you get such cheap domestic fare. i tried to book through a business partner there but was told that there is a 2 tier pricing with higher fares for foreigners and i could not get it cheaper than here in thailand.

i pay around 150usd for bangalore-mumbai or pune-hyderabad and nearly 250 for delhi-bangalore; not much difference wether on Jet, Sahara or IC.

the 60 usd sounds amazing for me!

HI,

These fare come out often in the ads. (Kingfisher/Spice Jet/Decan) You need to ask the travel agents for the deals. Look at the IC web site they have 4 & 8 coupons where an International sector(SIN/BKK/MAS/DUBIA) is throwm in. Foreigne national have great deals in these.

cheers

Rao

• 3 weeks later...

Archived