50K/month work available BKK

Khun_Kong

It's that time of year again. Hiring in the local schools.

I know of several openings for teachers of English, science, mathematics, health, social studies and maybe PE, all for the English program at a large Thai school.

50K + baht/month for degreed folk, especially if you have Ed experience. Convenient to BTS, pretty good facilities.

Oh yeah- free lunch included.

We currently have 4-5 Nanaplaza.com guys working there. Join the club!

Serious inquiries PM to me.

You sound like the person that maybe able to help me with some advice I am interested Teaching Enlish in Thailand what is the situation if you have a Global Tesol Diploma can you work in Thailand and get a work visa to do so as I have heard may conflicting stories I am a native English speaker any advice on this siuation would be greatly appreciated

sossn said:

You sound like the person that maybe able to help me with some advice I am interested Teaching Enlish in Thailand what is the situation if you have a Global Tesol Diploma can you work in Thailand and get a work visa to do so as I have heard may conflicting stories I am a native English speaker any advice on this siuation would be greatly appreciated

This is a joke, right? ::

Poor kids...

Behave guys.

sossn - do you have a degree? In many places that is a basic, the tefl cert is an add on. No degree will mean bottom of the pile jobs.

And to be honest, I hope your introductory email to schools will be better than your post here. Many places will reject you just on bad spelling, grammar......

Ya gotta laugh though, a couple of trips ago, sat next to a Doctor on the flight across, he was being met at the terminal by his English teacher mate who had been teaching in Bangkok for four years now...well, this teacher fella looked just like you would imagine...thin, pale, sickly looking, poorly dressed, unshaven etc etc. The poor bloke lived on the smell of a food cart, lived in the boondocks over 1.5 hours away from his work, in an un-airconditioned concrete bunker...it really was well past his time to head back home to Brisbane and one of his mums roast dinners etc. Never ever wanted to be an English teacher after seeing him! ::

I just got back from pattaya and I was talking to an english teacher in a bar. He said they are recruiting english teachers and there is a 5 day cerification course then job placement and 30,000 baht a month. He was with a lady-boy so that should give you an idea how far that much money will let you enjoy LOS. I would rather visit a few times a years and live like a king than end up like that guy.

Guys who have been here a few years, tend to be making much more than a 5 day certificate graduate at 30K. Many of the guys I know are on 6 figure salaries and save much more than they would home. Once you start to enjoy thai- style living your money goes quite far. The only real think that people are missing are government and company pension plans. But who knows if they will be around in 30 years when I retire.

Archived