50K/month work available BKK

Khun_Kong

To Whom It May Concern:

I have recently seen your post seeking instructors for the new hiring season with Thai schools. My name is Stephen Davis, and I have over nine years of cumulative experience teaching EFL in Southeast Asia--five years in Japan with an additional four years of teaching in South Korea. My educational qualifications include a B.Ed. in English secondary education, cognitive psychology emphasising linguistics, and a recently completed CELTA certificate from the Bangkok E.C.C. in Siam Square. Should these qualifications suit your interests, I am able to send my CV detailing the above-mentioned experience, scans of all of my academic documentation, and letters of reference from my previous employer of two years, former students I have taught, and friends during my tenure here in Seoul. I may be contacted directly at StephenMDavis@excite.com or by ringing +82-10-6872-6044.

Thank you for your attention and assistance with regard to my interest in working in Thailand. I look forward to hearing from you.

Yours Sincerely,

Stephen Davis

Kumasan said:

My name is Stephen Davis, and I have over nine years of cumulative experience teaching EFL in Southeast Asia--five years in Japan with an additional four years of teaching in South Korea. My educational qualifications include a B.Ed. in English secondary education, cognitive psychology emphasising linguistics, and a recently completed CELTA certificate from the Bangkok E.C.C. in Siam Square.

What!!?? Korea & Japan were moved to southeast asia?? I never got the memo, dammit... Or maybe was it that Southeast Asia was moved to the North? I hope not. I'd hate to think of BKK going through Korean winters - BRRR!! :stirthepo;):devil::dunno:

I think the Thai teachers might need some English lessons. Here's a job ad posted on Ajarn.com today. Enjoy :) :

Greetings Teachers,

Welcome to Chaiyaphumpukdeechumpol School, Chaiyaphum province. We are looking for full power of Native English Speakers to join with us in the highland of Thailand. Chaiyaphum is in the Northeastern of Thailand which it is the land that rich of the natural and forest. If you are a teacher who full of power and spirit of being teacher, please come and join with us. The first school semester is starting on May 15th - Sep 15th 06, and the second is May 15th ?06 to Feb 28th,?07.

Teachers will work from Monday to Friday, start at 8.00a.m.-4.30 p.m.

Teachers will not teach over than 24 hrs/week.

Teachers will get FREE resident (even get the budget and find yourself resident), training course for 1 week, airport pick up/ organize Non-B visa/ and work permit caring plus bonus up to 36,000 baht (will be more details in the job description).

Every teacher will have a coordinator for assistance between teacher and school.

Applying, please submit resume, current picture, passport page, degree, TEFL/ TESOL certificate and teaching reference to venesa_amy@yahoo.com or call +669-137-9103 to get more information.

The applicant must be Native English Speakers from Eng, USA, CA, AUS, and NZ.

The applicant must be the age in between 20 to 45 years.

Thank you very much for your time.

Yeah, we teachers are so poor it is untrue - just like you'd imagine. You never want to teach English here after meeting me, just come over a couple of times a year and live like a king. I dream of smelling a food cart but am too weak to make it onto the street.

Isn't that right Khun Kong? (*winks*)

Archived