am I had or just lucky?

passingthru69

She has her mind made up about you being the one for her. That is great. For her.

Your mind is not made up. And when you decide she is putting too much pressure on you and you want to move more slowly and spend some time apart, you can expect the tears and "I do all this for you...".

If you ain't certain that you want to be married then tell her now to forget about barfining herself for a month. If you let her do it then you are signalling that you have big intentions with her and god help you if you try to back out afterwards.

For what it's worth, this doesn't look good to me. I have met a few bar girls who gave themselves a 'retirement date' and come hell or high wind, when that date came round, they retired. One did it on her twenty seventh birthday and married an Australian. Another quit when she was thirty, again hooked an Australian. In both cases, it could have been me if I had let them railroad me. Maybe it all worked out fine. Then again.....

If you're ready for it, give it go. If you're not, stand well back.

chelseafan said:

1) She's building upto a big scam, i.e. paying barfines herself is a small price to pay when she knows the pickings are 10fold a few months down the line.

2) She genuinly does like you in which case you have to wonder how serious you are about her....

I used to think 2) was never possible and always defaulted to 1)

I still think in most cases one should assume 1) but I have met bargirls who if they were scamming me I couldn't tell, and I always have my guard up like most. Thailand is full of illusions and no where are they thicker than the bar scene, but the girls are still human, still capable of love and if there is mutual attraction and respect who knows?

Well the plane leaves for LOS Monday at 1pm.. Will keep you all posted as how this goes. :hubba: She is bound and determined to meet me at airport. Yes I'm keeping my guard up. I've been scammed by the last one.. But this one is different. :clown::dunno::eek: Yea right. I should'nt be so rude. Guys if you hear of fat american truck driver dieing that might be me.. OH NO MR. Bill :: I'll be mainly in Pattaya so if we meet up let's have a :beer: :beer:

Archived