10 Hints that your TBG is a keeper

Lamock Chokaprret

Pattaya127>My experience with 'working" girls, and the G/F right now is not that they are bad, and a lost cause, but have a lot of anger contained inside of them, and that anger will erupt in a Long term relationship like the one i have now. it can be very destructive and self-destructive, as well. All the frustrations build up from the time they are kids, then pregnant by a no good thai B/F or husband as teenagers, maybe raped or molested by a family member or a supervisor at work, etc.. We farangs are at the receiving end of their whole life trajectory, and it can be hard, especially when you are not perfect. i butterflied a couple times in 2 years, and on a bad day, she will easily recalls the whole incidents over and over again, plus all countless little misunderstandings, things she reaclled i said though i never said them, you know that shit. What she did wrong to me, on the other end, i should not talk about it. Easier this way. LOL

At this hour, she has wanted to see me, but only lashed at again at "what i did to her" before. Love/hate relationship, i guess. What makes the world turn, you 'll tell me? Another round, please.... <

Yes, H, Exactly my experience. She doesn't know about the very occasional butterflying, but anything else I have ever done wrong will be paraded out from time to time when she gets pissed off. And a few I haven't done but she thinks I have. But i agree, some carry a lot of past baggage, and I am trying to understand that. then again, I am sure I carry a lot, lived twice as long after all. But it does feel like a ro;ercoaster ride from time to time.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok, here I go again in the relationship section. Hmmm...relationship and bargirl. Now there's an oxymoron.

I see a few guys coming forward talking about how wonderful their so called long term relationship is going. I rarely hear from anyone who has gone more than a year or two though. I wonder why??

Anyways, I definitely do agree about bargirls carrying alot of past emotional baggage. After spending time with LOTS of BG's(to the point where they open up to me a bit)I was a bit suprised to find that many had difficult childhoods. Lots of similar stories about abusive fathers/boyfriends etc. Kinda adds creedence to the studies suggesting many prostitutes have been abused as children.

Because many seem to have had difficult lives I don't give them too much shit over some of the stuff they try pull. I treat them good and try not to lead them on. Emotionally, they can be quite fragile.

Alfalfa said:

quote:

Hmmm...relationship and bargirl. Now there's an oxymoron.

I see a few guys coming forward talking about how wonderful their so called long term relationship is going. I rarely hear from anyone who has gone more than a year or two though. I wonder why??

And right before that Phoenix said:

quote:

She doesn't know about the very occasional butterflying

Cause and effect?

quote:

Originally posted by Good Thai Girl:

[

Pataya127, Thanks for the insight. This is I guess what you have to deal with in a day to day basis. Very tiring just to hear it. But I'm sure there must be some other rewards too otherwise you would have left her?

[ January 08, 2002: Message edited by: Good Thai Girl ]

That is why it hurts. Anyone of our friends, even her G/Fs can see we are really attracting each other, like some kind of kinship. you guys come to Pattaya and meet us, you'll feel the same, but i am afraid this one will be for the memories only, or maybe I just forget she ever existed. How much wronging can you take from someone?

You should be flamed for your naivete, but I don't believe that would really be constructive.

Been there, seen that, been taken to the cleaners and had my heart broken by one lady who met those same specifications.

Remember the saying: "If its too good to be true..."?

Maybe she looks like the perfect catch, and you feel you ought to see this through. Go ahead, but if she ever worked in a bar, or knows someone who has worked in a bar, always keep one hand on your wallet . Don't buy her a house, don't buy her a lot of gold, and don't open a joint bank account, at least not for the first five or six years, or you've had children with her (and a conclusive test shows you are the father). Whatever you do, don?t buy life insurance with her as the beneficiary. Cynical as is sounds, I believe this is the only reasonable course.

Rick

quote:

Originally posted by Rick Farang:

You should be flamed for your naivete, but I don't believe that would really be constructive.

Rick

Mr Rick, how long have you lived or stayed in Thailand? i am tired of guys on this list, who volunteer their stereotypical opinions when it's not even asked of them. i have been 3 years with this girl friend, so very simply, you don't know shit about her and me. Kindly keep your boring re-hashed opinions on Bar girls this and bar girls that for yourself. now, that's a flame...

PS: you should visit Thailand sometimes, take the time to really meet thai women,, any type, see what's behind the smile, not just falling in love and get whipped deservedly. No, seriously, you should try....

• 2 weeks later...

Hi!!

I am now in a relationship with a BG that fits your "description" exactly. I met her the first time I was in BKK and has after that gone back to BKK 3 times in 6 months and will go back in 8 weeks again. The agedifference between us is only 4 years and I have real conversations with her via email since she uses a translator. I do love her and she wants to stay with me forever but she is scared of moving from Thailand she says and wants me to move to BKK. I have called her every day now so I will probably get a shock when I get the bill but hey you only live once and I feel that she is worth it. Every single girl in the bar(including the mamasan) where she works says to me that my girlfriend talks about me every day and always talks about how much she loves me . She has told me stories about her childhood that I am not ashamedof saying brought tears to my eyes. If there is any way that she can live with me I WILL take it, I feel that she is worth it. I have never felt like this for any girl. There are wonderful sweet girls out there, but the only way that you will be able to meet them is if you treat the girls good and with the outmost respect...

By the way does anyone know how I should go about to get a job in BKK. I am young soon to graduate from University (MBA). Grateful for all help concerning securing a job in BKK.

Swede221,

You are young, still in college, unexperienced, just be VE-RY CA-RE-FUL !!!!

Please do try to read many stories on this board, read them 3 times if you must, but be carefull.

One more note / comment : you communicate with e-mails, but she needs translations.... how many good conversations have you had together ? and what subjects ???

Think again, ok ?

I like the Thai BGs and if I have stayed with one for a few days she'd be a little bit more special than the others. I often may talk to my pals about her and her little charms. This could happen for any number of BGs over time. I would also love sending emails and talking about all sorts to her.

Now if I were broke and uneducated and this girl was fixed and educated I'd be falling head over heels for her and talking to everybody about her. There's no doubt I'd feel I want to spend forever with her.

2 months/years.. later were still together and to be honest it's not that much fun I'd I just want to spend time with the pals rather than her....

On another note, remember most of the conversations you've had with BGs, especially the ones you've been with for a couple of days. An absolute joy and constant smiles. Now imagine the same words conversed with a girl from your own country. I did this and would have to say if I had those conversations with a girl from my country I think she or both of us were severely mentally retarted.

Also was in Sweden last year and was suprised at how many thai girls were there that had been brought over by Swedish men. Looking closer though it's just a reaction against the coldness of some of the Swedish women. I think mr.Swede above has as much chance of bliss with Swidish women as he does with Thais so go for it.

quote:

Originally posted by JackHAck:

On another note, remember most of the conversations you've had with BGs, especially the ones you've been with for a couple of days. An absolute joy and constant smiles. Now imagine the same words conversed with a girl from your own country. I did this and would have to say if I had those conversations with a girl from my country I think she or both of us were severely mentally retarted. .

good point. But you fail to mention the thing that i call "package", that comes with being with a thai girl. In short, THAILAND! No western woman can offer you the bliss of holding a little one in your arms, or strolling along some street, wide-eyed at thai life around, a pleasure that for some reasons, is doubled by the company of one of thai very own denizen. On top of it, i know some may misunderstand me, but i learnt more from my "poor" thai GFs over the years than from western ones. Just from seeing their life, their families, their resilience, all things that you get, not thru educated conversations, but thru letting your heart open up. When the heart opens up, who needs language?

I am going to my G/F's village tomorrow. Just to think where i was born, where i live and work, what i am supposed to do as a tourist, and instead end up in the middle of Issan, sleeping in a stilted wooden house with very little comfort and no english spoken for sure (been there), well, i can't think the Lord enough for coming to Thailand 14 years ago.... Happy!

PS: who said: "the most important things in life are the ones unspoken" or the sort?

[ January 23, 2002: Message edited by: pattaya127 ]

Archived